Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2017, 08:37 PM

3,977 posts, read 4,297,196 times

Advertisements

I posted a message in the main NJ forum, but someone suggested I post here, too. We live in southwestern NJ and my husband is looking for an electronic parts store where he can buy electronics parts. I am a total electronics dummy, but he likes to build circuits for fun, likes to play with a Raspberry Pi, etc. He's a former bench tech and never lost the feeling that electronics is fun. He orders parts from China on eBay, but they take forever to arrive and aren't always what he ordered! He thought it would be fun to visit a store where he could be like a kid in a candy store.

Someone in the other forum told me there is a Micro Center in Philly. Any other places in South Jersey or Philly? Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 04:49 AM

33,025 posts, read 36,605,543 times
Try this place. Universal Electronic Supply Distributor | List of Manufacturers | SourceESB

Old 04-24-2017, 06:49 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,966,153 times
Good luck finding local B&M electronics stores that are local. I mentor underwater robotics team and we resort to using Amazon, Sparkfun, DigiKey, McMaster-carr, Mouser, etc.. Amazon is usually our first choice as prime shipping is great.

The local RadioShack, though overpriced, is probably the last of the B&M but all in the SJ area are closing now. I believe most will closed by end of May.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
Good luck finding local B&M electronics stores that are local. I mentor underwater robotics team and we resort to using Amazon, Sparkfun, DigiKey, McMaster-carr, Mouser, etc.. Amazon is usually our first choice as prime shipping is great.

The local RadioShack, though overpriced, is probably the last of the B&M but all in the SJ area are closing now. I believe most will closed by end of May.
Yep, Radio Shack used to be one of the go-to places. Now they will be all-gone.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Thanks. That link isn't functioning but I googled the name of the company and found their website.

Old 05-02-2017, 01:44 PM

175 posts, read 608,236 times
Lucky to find anything in Southern NJ. It's the orphan stepchild of NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia