Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2017, 07:26 AM

72 posts, read 116,132 times

Advertisements

Hello,
'Am considering living in "The Victor Lofts" (One Market Street; Camden NJ 08102); looking at the NJ Transit maps (online).

Patco:
Where is the closest station from "The Victor apt. lofts" for (daily) commuting into Center City? How safe is the walk to this station? (I think? Patco is the transit line I would use for that commute.)
If I have to stay late (at work), how safe is the walk from the station to "The Victor" at night?

River Line (light rail):
Where is the station location for this rail? Want ability to use, on occasion.

Atlantic City Line (light rail):
Where is the station location for this rail? Want ability to use, on occasion.

I will actually drive by the stations that you recommend, to get a better idea vs. just online map viewing.
Thank You!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 09:50 AM

122 posts, read 203,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishgirl View Post
Hello,
'Am considering living in "The Victor Lofts" (One Market Street; Camden NJ 08102); looking at the NJ Transit maps (online).

Patco:
1. Where is the closest station from "The Victor apt. lofts" for (daily) commuting into Center City? How safe is the walk to this station? (I think? Patco is the transit line I would use for that commute.)
If I have to stay late (at work), how safe is the walk from the station to "The Victor" at night?

River Line (light rail):
2. Where is the station location for this rail? Want ability to use, on occasion.

Atlantic City Line (light rail):
3. Where is the station location for this rail? Want ability to use, on occasion.
You should really be able to look this up for yourself but because it seems like you're from out of town and I don't want you to get into a back situation, I'll answer your questions in order:

1. The City Hall station is the closest PATCO station to the Victor Lofts. It is 4 blocks east of the Victor Lofts down Market Street. The PATCO line is definitely the line you would use for that commute. It provides direct service to center city philly, and runs twenty-four hours a day. As to safety, a lot of people will give you a lot of different answers to that question and ultimately depends on what you are willing to do personally. My personal opinion is that during the day the walk is pretty safe, you'll see police and federal marshals along your walk (especially near the federal courthouse). At night it is a different story. That particular neighborhood is probably the safest in Camden, but this is still Camden, which if you do not know has a staggeringly high violent crime rate (granted, that crime is not concentrated in this neighborhood, but camden isn't a huge city and things can spill over into the good neighborhoods). I'm a guy and I wouldn't want to make that walk at night on a daily basis. I'd make the walk once or twice, sure, but not every day for my commute, especially in the winter when it gets dark at 4:30pm.

2. There's a stop on Cooper Street between 3rd and 4th Street. That's a block and a half from the Victor Lofts.

3. There' no station in Camden for the NJ Transit Atlantic City Line. There's a stop in Cherry Hill, NJ, about 4 miles from Camden.

Old 04-22-2017, 10:37 PM

91 posts, read 82,282 times
You can take Patco to Lindenwold and then transfer to the AC Line from there, or uber to the Cherry Hill Station and get the AC Line train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia