Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:06 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,179,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
I actually joined the TAPS forum this morning and dropped a line about Thayers. I believe the owner/crews/employees must call TAPS in to investigate, they can't just pop by and get their show aired.

But I told them about the NH forum posts about Thayer's inn and how its a topic of discussion here. On their archives I was unable to see if they have already investigated, but I think they come to NE a ton, especially since they are out of Rhode Island. I would love to see them investigate the Inn in Littleton!
Let us know if they come to investigate! I wonder if they ever went to the Mt. Washington Hotel.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 11:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,748 times
Default duuuuuude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
We actually spent the night at the Thayers Inn two nights ago. It is a VERY atmospheric place. In fact, when we checked in I kept teasing my wife that the place was haunted. I even tried to get her to watch THE SHINING before bed.

But no, we didn't experience anything supernatural. The most disturbing thing we experienced were the local bored teens going up and down Main Street all night with their car stereos blaring.

The lady at the front desk was extremely nice and helpful to us. I don't know why the management hasn't contacted you, but I wouldn't think it was because of anyone trying to suppress reports of a haunting. Hotels LOVE getting a reputation for being haunted. It's a great draw for tourists.
That was meee!!! i live there! And i do that!!!!!! glad to meet some of my customers!!

Old 08-04-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapa123 View Post
That was meee!!! i live there! And i do that!!!!!! glad to meet some of my customers!!
Welcome to the forum kapa - Do you mean you live in Thayers or in Littleton..or both If you've been working the front desk for awhile, you probably met my husband - he stayed there for a week or so before we relocated to NH back in 2006

Old 08-09-2008, 03:42 PM

4 posts, read 13,445 times
I currently work at Thayers Inn so I'd love to hear some more stories!

Old 08-09-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisit View Post
I currently work at Thayers Inn so I'd love to hear some more stories!
Hi whoisit - Working there, have you ever experienced anything out of the ordinary? My husband still talks about his week there before we moved up here permanently

Old 08-09-2008, 07:19 PM

I just started working there so nothing too significant has happened to me yet, but I do get wierd feelings as if there is "something" there at times... and many people have stories about what has happend to them

Old 09-24-2008, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,326 times
Default Death at Thayers Inn

I kind of stumbled onto this message board by accident and found it fascinating how popular Thayers Inn really is. I have stayed there many, many times since 1993 (when you could book a room with a hallway bath for $29) I am originally from Long Island but now live in Littleton, New Hampshire. I have stayed there on at least 2 dozen occasions, for up to a week at a time but stopped staying there after Don and Carolyn Lambert left and new inn keepers took over. Personally, I've never experienced anything of a paranormal nature there but I am very much aware of a suicide that took place there in the late 1980's, in room #25. It was a male, in his 30's who had checked in on a Friday in the late afternoon. He left a do not disturb sign on his door and probably killed himself that night, pulling a mattress over his body to shield the sound of the shot. He was found on Monday morning but I know of no haunting there.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,817,470 times
Our family has a house in Landaff near Littleton (really classic NH town) so as long as I still get along with my in-laws we have a place to stay. I have walked past the Thayer Inn but never ventured inside. I do not believe ghosts exist but I am wary of paying for a place to sleep when one is available for the cost of splitting some wood.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:15 AM

drewstir - Thanks for filling me in on the info about room #25... people are always asking me about it and I have heard of it before a long time ago, but I forgot what really happend.

Room 38/39 has always given me a very weird feeling. It is located on the top floor (three flights of stairs up). I try to avoid going up there whenever possible. Its also located right next to the entrance to the cupola, which many people have said that they have seen a women and her child dressed in 19th century clothing walking up the stairs to the cupola.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,848 times
TAPS is supposed be there this July from what I hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire