Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2020, 03:49 AM

14 posts, read 18,465 times

Advertisements

Good and fair answer. thank you.

so just to confirm, crime is really no more or less in the middle of nowhere or on the outskirts of town?

I am still learning about pahrump neighborhoods. forgetting way down south, you are saying that by the high school, more or less in the middle of town is an area to avoid, in your opinion? When you mention the apartments (in your opinion) are you referring to the apartments on Bouron st.? I think I see an apartment complex there.

can we talk internet quickly? I have learned that high speed internet is not available in these remote areas such as W Pascoe? I am aware of ViaSat and have spoken to them. any thoughts on microwave internet for remote locations? Microwave vs Viasat? any other internet options I am not aware of for remote locations? I work on line and may family likes to go online and of course we like to watch netflix and other streaming services now and then.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 11:20 AM

2,846 posts, read 4,519,178 times
the high school is in the middle of town (basically hwy 372 splits the town into north & south) & yes, i would avoid that area. 99% of our duplexes/apartments are located in the area between hwy 372 & calvada, then blagg to hwy 160.

crime tends to be concentrated in this area, but can happen elsewhere in town. majority of the crimes out here tend to be theft, with an occasional murder. murder does not happen every day here. i will admit the # of murders per year have gone up recently but nothing compared to vegas. we used to have 1-3 per year, here lately were bouncing around 5-6 per year (guesstimate).

as for internet, have you checked with valley electric? or rise broadband?
https://valleycom.com/internet/
https://www.risebroadband.com/

Old 11-10-2020, 03:55 AM

I'm looking into those companies for internet. Thank you for your help.

Old 11-13-2020, 10:24 PM

8 posts, read 15,643 times
Smile Pahrump Crime

My wife and I are looking at some of the manufactured homes online in Pahrump (like no HOA and land)......Does anyone know if crime is a problem in those areas and I would appreciate if someone could send me a DM for a good agent we can trust.

Old 11-14-2020, 10:27 AM

26,210 posts, read 49,027,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotStlF52 View Post
My wife and I are looking at some of the manufactured homes online in Pahrump (like no HOA and land)......Does anyone know if crime is a problem in those areas and I would appreciate if someone could send me a DM for a good agent we can trust.
I merged your post into this current thread on Pahrump since it has info on crime.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-14-2020, 02:07 PM

DM sent for real estate agent.

i thought i had already answered the crime question for shaver dave's areas of interest. what areas are you looking at notstlf52?

Old 11-14-2020, 04:09 PM

8 posts, read 15,643 times
We have been focusing on the area north of hwy 372 based on your flooding advice

Also when you say murders are they random or because a robbery?

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-14-2020 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: Merged 2:1

Old 11-14-2020, 04:53 PM

murders are rare here but they do happen. majority of the crime here is by someone you know, not by strangers. recent murders that i can recall would be 2 teenagers killed their mother because they didn't like the way she was parenting; another one was mother left her toddler/infant with boyfriend, boyfriend accidentally(?) killed the kid.

murders by way of drive by shootings, home invasions or car jackings are extremely rare here

Old 11-15-2020, 06:58 AM

Quote:
murders by way of drive by shootings, home invasions or car jackings are extremely rare here
Please define "extremely rare". 1X per year? 1X per 5 years?

Thanking you in advance cre8lite for all your help

Old 11-15-2020, 11:13 AM

i've never heard of a car jacking here, ever. stolen vehicles? absolutely. car jacking? never.

there's been 2 drive by shootings in my 15 yrs here. one this summer (car vs car, occupants knew each other, 1 death i believe) & one about 3 or 4 yrs ago (car vs house, random iirc, no deaths).

home invasions - this one is a bit tricky, as each one that i know of had completely different circumstances.

story #1: this one happened ~10 yrs ago. people broke into an occupied house, held the homeowners hostage, demanded gold. beat the homeowners up pretty badly. the homeowner was the public administrator at the time. it was wildly speculated that the public administrator wasn't above board & was keeping some of the estates valuables in his home. the home invasion was coordinated by someone close to the public administrator, iirc. no one died.

story #2: this one happens maybe 1x every 2 yrs. random guy is high on something, mistakenly enters the wrong house. homeowner either finds strange man on the couch, sleeping, or gets into an argument with the strange man. cops are called. strange man is either apprehended or found days later. no one dies.

story #3: this one happened ~12 yrs ago. not really a home invasion story, more of a stupidity story. 17yo boyfriend comes over in the middle of the night to pick up 17yo girlfriend. girlfriend had been fighting with her parents most of the afternoon/evening. she says something about bf coming to get her, dad says he's not allowed over here. bf shows up anyway. dad decides to show how powerful he is by bringing his gun out to greet the bf. bf is in the driveway, in the car.
dad shoots & kills bf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada