Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 11:58 AM

792 posts, read 1,304,320 times

Advertisements

I have two distinct advantages over you, first being a resident, and secondly, having a little more time in the saddle. Nevada is NOT California...and when you reference all those "millions" needed to update a system...have you once thought of how that would be financed.

Like so many of your predecessors coming into state with the "back in California line", many soon realize that this is not California...or New York...Nevada is, contrary to advertised propaganda, a relatively conservative state. Beyond that multi-million dollar tracking system you propose, Nevada, and especially Vegas has different socio-economic problems that make this state unique, in many ways.

I have no problem with another opinion, however don't particularly fascinate myself with the comparison to "back in ****" things worked this way"..if its that great...don't move...pretty simple huh ? Simply based on your self descriptive analysis, I sense you have heard this before !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 12:20 PM

One last comment worth mentioning. I own a little land up in Utah and have for many years, spending a fair amount of time in State...I am NOT LDS. A fella moved in, from Orange County with a pocket full of money, and he immediately told me how things worked back in Orange County, and how he was gonna straightened things out...it took about a year, but he slowly realized things don't quite work the way he envisioned. I can't help but notice, many out of state travelers (particularly Nevada and California) enter that state like raging maniacs...and suddenly they learn manners...driving the speed limit, using signal lights, stopping to respect folks in cross walks, putting shopping carts back in a corral instead of abandoning in the parking lot...hell...even waving ! How does that work ? The answer is really quite obvious...think about it !

Old 10-03-2016, 01:21 PM

21 posts, read 17,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
I have two distinct advantages over you, first being a resident, and secondly, having a little more time in the saddle. Nevada is NOT California...and when you reference all those "millions" needed to update a system...have you once thought of how that would be financed.

Like so many of your predecessors coming into state with the "back in California line", many soon realize that this is not California...or New York...Nevada is, contrary to advertised propaganda, a relatively conservative state. Beyond that multi-million dollar tracking system you propose, Nevada, and especially Vegas has different socio-economic problems that make this state unique, in many ways.

I have no problem with another opinion, however don't particularly fascinate myself with the comparison to "back in ****" things worked this way"..if its that great...don't move...pretty simple huh ? Simply based on your self descriptive analysis, I sense you have heard this before !
How do you have an advantage over me, and what are you even talking about? I think you're more out of reality than I thought. Every state in our country is different, I agree, and it's a great thing. The only point I am making is that both states have legalized medicinal marijuana, yet one of those states clearly has a better system in place for for managing the industry. The other state, Nevada in this specific example, could greatly improve their infrastructure by adopting some of the traits from their neighbors. It has began that process, and hopefully will continue to make improvements. You can't possibly be so ignorant that you would refuse to evolve certain government managed programs if it meant borrowing some concepts from a neighbor that exists 85 miles away. Isn't the goal to have the best system in place regardless of where the ideas came from?

To further my point, this article is where I received my information. I'm not literally suggesting that Nevada to this or that, I'm simply acknowledging what Nevada ALREADY is doing as being far over-do per this article in your paper:
Nevada medical marijuana card processing moves online - Las Vegas Sun News

If I were Nevada I'd stop pumping any money into the medical industry and wait for the elections. If Question 2 passes the government might not have to spend another dime.

Old 10-03-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGarrett View Post
How do you have an advantage over me, and what are you even talking about? I think you're more out of reality than I thought. Every state in our country is different, I agree, and it's a great thing. The only point I am making is that both states have legalized medicinal marijuana, yet one of those states clearly has a better system in place for for managing the industry. The other state, Nevada in this specific example, could greatly improve their infrastructure by adopting some of the traits from their neighbors. It has began that process, and hopefully will continue to make improvements. You can't possibly be so ignorant that you would refuse to evolve certain government managed programs if it meant borrowing some concepts from a neighbor that exists 85 miles away. Isn't the goal to have the best system in place regardless of where the ideas came from?

To further my point, this article is where I received my information. I'm not literally suggesting that Nevada to this or that, I'm simply acknowledging what Nevada ALREADY is doing as being far over-do per this article in your paper:
Nevada medical marijuana card processing moves online - Las Vegas Sun News

If I were Nevada I'd stop pumping any money into the medical industry and wait for the elections. If Question 2 passes the government might not have to spend another dime.
As a resident I can vote here...and having a little time in the saddle here has taught me that sometimes things happen much slower than many would like...that's reality ! You never answered two slight problems 1. Funding your great idea...and 2. How the current banking industry is going to manage this cash windfall...seems the Feds still have a slight issue with legalization...period !

Old 10-03-2016, 02:34 PM

Second thought...your personal attacks are quite unwarranted and quite frankly unwelcome...being the legal beagle that you proclaim maybe you should review the TOS. You are right...throw out a great idea with NO solution...brilliant. Yep...I'm just an ignorant, OLD, Trump loving, mentally deficient moron...gotcha slick !

Tell you what, move here, bring all those great ideas with no workable solutions, then invest...preferably heavily...hang a shingle...and then run for political office...we do have quite a turn over here....until such time as you can bring a great solution to match your great idea...it's not worth mentioning...I'm done...! Oh...Vegas needs more folks like you..NOT ! Maybe if things don't quite work out here, you could move to Utah and propose legalized prostitution...after all...Nevada did it....Good luck !

Old 10-03-2016, 08:40 PM

23,287 posts, read 29,145,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
Maybe if things don't quite work out here, you could move to Utah and propose legalized prostitution...after all...Nevada did it....Good luck !
Correction: Prostitution is only legal in the least populated areas of this highly conservative state, and it was initially designed to serve miners in the remotest sections of NV! NV is way, way too conservative, and Mormon-influenced, to allow legalized prostitution, ever! in Clark or Washoe counties!

Old 10-03-2016, 11:54 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,156,379 times
I seem to recall Cali had them open then closed several times..and a few raids too.
Rather go slow if it avoids that kind of rush to action.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:53 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,157,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
I thought it was pretty obvious that the friend referred to was a grower, not necessarily a smoker. The young female was under the influence of many things other than cannabis, and there is a moderate chance that she will at least get a retrial on appeal as testing cannabis metabolites is not an exact science when it comes to determining the level of impairment at present.
That was an ugly one. I happened to know the psychologist who examined her after the fact. She fell asleep behind the wheel.She was guilt-wracked and suicidal after the accident. Don't know if it was pot, exhaustion, or whatever else on her part for falling asleep, but those kids should not have been placed in harm's way in the first place. There was no good reason for kids, even juvenile delinquents, being where they were that day.

The local politicos knew this, so the book was absolutely thrown at her with anything they could drag up. Diverts attention away from the incompetence on their part.

I sometimes wonder if the state quietly paid off the families of the dead kids. Because the uproar over them being there died down rather quickly, and they don't assign juveniles to that sort of labor anymore.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Correction: Prostitution is only legal in the least populated areas of this highly conservative state, and it was initially designed to serve miners in the remotest sections of NV! NV is way, way too conservative, and Mormon-influenced, to allow legalized prostitution, ever! in Clark or Washoe counties!
Tj is hedging on a fact that I sense would suddenly become reality if in fact this proposition passes. Much like the prostitution law....recreational MJ would be legal except in Clark, Washoe counties ....etc etc. Local ordinances will then drastically define legal recreational use areas. As the local powers suddenly decide "not in my city, county". Then somewhere about 2 miles from Death Valley will be that lawful place, a patch of barren desert where recreational MJ will be fine and dandy. As previously stated, the medical aspect was approved only about 15 years before the first sign of actual legal business activity surfaced. I wouldn't be running out to buy a shiny new bong just yet !

Old 10-04-2016, 09:12 AM

23,287 posts, read 29,145,078 times
Much is going to depend on the outcome of the recreation pot ballots in CA & AZ. Massachusetts and Maine are also up for a vote on it.

If it passes in AZ and CA, we'll then be boxed in here, and could we then survive the embarrassment of it not passing here, or if passed, facing a long delay, like medical marijuana, for the first store to open?

Anyone interested, there's a current recreation pot thread on the AZ forum, for comparative purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada