Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 06:49 PM

197 posts, read 549,324 times

Advertisements

If you had a membership with Golds be advised that the franchise owner on the sneak removed all the equipment from Golds last night and was questioned by Douglas Police as to why the merch was being removed in the wee hours. Golds was behind in their rent for over 4 months and the leasing company for the shoping center set up a back rent payment plan for them on Monday which they said they would most likely agree to and signed once their attorneys reviewed it. Instead they left. It was mentioned that several people signed up or bought Memberships as holiday presents . Contact the Douglas police and your bank.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,822 times
OMG... I went to the gym yesterday only to find it completely empty! I signed up for membership a little over a month ago and everytime I went in the owners never said a thing... they never called... no notices posted in the gym... nothing. And, I had over $400 worth of makeup, hair products, clothes, etc. in my locker!!!!!! I am going to file a police report today.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:55 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,944,334 times
The posting is bad info. Gold's Gym didn't do things too well, but there's more to the info. The local newspaper (record Courier) has a live chat feature. It was posted on there that Gold's Gym was moving to north Carson. There's supposed to be racquet ball courts and a bunch of good stuff. Plans are to be open by Feb 1.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 7,465 times
Default Update

I talked with Gold's Gym owners of the Reno and Sparks gym. It is a company that is called Titan. They told me that the owners of the Carson City gym were 6 months past due on their franchise fees and they had their franchise terminated by Gold's. They also said that Gold's Gym attorneys are after them because their contract states that if you don't pay your franchise fees then Gold's corporate has an ownership interest in the equipment at the location. No wonder they moved it in the middle of the night. The equipment now has a lien on it from Golds corporate to pay past franchise fees. The dream is over. No gym in north carson or anywhere in NV. Sorry Garth.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:44 PM

2 posts, read 7,465 times
Just got off the phone with Anta B. Her father Julius owns the strip mall where the old Kmart is located. He was approached by the Golds Carson owners a few weeks ago. He said that there is no deal on the table because the people were not credit worthy and they had no money down for tenant improvements. His attorney also said that they would not consider them because of possible lawsuits by their old landlord for past rent and other possible litigation by current customers for membership dues. Julius did not want to risk putting money into the deal if a lawsuit would wipe them out. There you have it. From the horse's mouth. No gym. Please contact Douglas County DA Mark Jackson. My brother is friends with him and he is on it. Now criminal charges.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:26 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,944,334 times
Wow, that's too bad. It goes to show how how rumors flow in a small town. It gets around but the info isn't complete. The Record Courier/Appeal should get this info to confirm since they said (on chat function) they're working on an article.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:43 AM

3 posts, read 8,607 times
Default Gold's Gym Carson City

This post is to all the misinformed people in Carson City. Gold's Gym has NOT closed!! We are moving to a new location on the north side of Carson City. There are a lot of rumors in this town and none of them are correct! There has been a sign on the door of the old gym for a week now with our contact information on it. Mr. Robert D.J.-your information is extremely off base! Before you say things, you should really do more research and find out the correct facts. The Reno and Sparks gyms that Titan owns have no bearing on the Carson gym. And per that, they also have no idea about anything with franchise concerning our gym. There is no problem with the franchise and never has been. The equipment has absolutely no lien on it and never has! Gold's franchise does not have ownership of our equipment. We did not move in the middle of the night. We spent 4 days moving equipment where everyone could see. To all of our loyal members...you will be more than extremely pleased with the new gym! This has been posted by the owners of Gold's Gym.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:52 PM

2 posts, read 4,815 times
Julie, for those members who have no use for a gym in north Carson, will there be reimbursements from the close date on? Also, as of yesterday, I did not see any sign on the door....is it possible it may have been removed? Maybe not visible from the parking lot?

Old 12-23-2010, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,499 times
I didn't see any underhanded acts by Golds Gym. The sign has been posted on the door. I went to work out one morning and they were closed and had a trailer to load equipment, it wasn't in the middle of the night like pea brain indicated.
A drive to n. Carson isn't a big deal (I live in Minden) especially to a nice facility. Things happen in business, has anybody noticed our economy lately. For those of you addicted to work out, be patient, you'll get your fix. M. McGriff

Old 12-23-2010, 10:33 AM

3 posts, read 8,607 times
Mr.McGriff, Your words are very appreciated by us and our staff. Thank you for understanding the circumstances surrounding our move. And you are correct that North Carson is really not that far away. And the facility IS definitely going to be bigger and better for all loyal members and new members! Again, thank you for the kind words. We will let everyone know the location as soon as we can! Nobody will be disappointed when they see it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada