Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 06:52 PM

84 posts, read 138,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwalas View Post
I went to school in Lincoln for two years. As an Asian, it was awkward walking down the street at times because I would sometimes get looks, like they've never seen an Asian before. It was an odd feeling that I've never experienced before. If I get that as a single person, I can't imagine the reaction I'd get for mixed-race dating.

But that was just my personal experience. I can't say that's how it really is.
I see lots of white/Asian couples in Lincoln. And not just the stereotypical white guy/Asian girl relationship, but also some Asian guy/white girl relationships. I don't think that anyone cares (although, for the sake of argument, there might be a very tiny percentage that do care, but they just don't usually say anything in public about it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 11:46 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,602,405 times
OP, the Twin Cities (MN) might be a better fit for you. The economy is good and there are white collar jobs there, too.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:50 AM

1,185 posts, read 2,219,288 times
In the midwest? really? The most common mixed-race dating is black man-white woman. And usually its because they want to prove they aren't racist or want to feel "wild". Anything beyond that will be regarded by strangers as strange. Asian-White relationships dont work at all. People will stare at you, gawk at you, old people will ask you questions about why you are holding hands or talking to each other. Many times they will look at you with a concerned look. The midwest is not a good place for mixed race dating at all. And this applies to everywhere in the midwest except chicago.

Old 07-04-2015, 12:32 PM

93,185 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
In the midwest? really? The most common mixed-race dating is black man-white woman. And usually its because they want to prove they aren't racist or want to feel "wild". Anything beyond that will be regarded by strangers as strange. Asian-White relationships dont work at all. People will stare at you, gawk at you, old people will ask you questions about why you are holding hands or talking to each other. Many times they will look at you with a concerned look. The midwest is not a good place for mixed race dating at all. And this applies to everywhere in the midwest except chicago.
Not again.....

Old 07-04-2015, 05:13 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,382,750 times
That is normal even for people of the same race group. Nothing new. People will look, then give them an show. Nothing ordinary. What I find funny is when your inside an restaurant and both parties looks like something out of an cartoon.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:41 PM

31 posts, read 40,311 times
Trust me dating on Nebraska is horrible for any non white guy. The only mixed race I have seen are white women black guy or white guy Asian women. That's the max Nebraska have to offer. Women here are very self centered and they dont like brown guys near them.Those who do are gold diggers and I am not into them. If you want serious relationship stay away from Nebraska. I repent every single day why I moved here. We people here are nice mostly. But very much unfriendly.not like big cities like the Seattle or Chicago or Dallas.don't move here.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:45 PM

31 posts, read 40,311 times
Also I have observed that people here dont like immigrants even if you try to behave than most Americans.not breaking any laws or doing anything unlawful. Still people here don't mix with you. They alienate you and keep you separated.I have given up hope of mixing here.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:45 AM

5 posts, read 11,902 times
Default Omaha

Omaha is probably the best place to live in Nebraska if you are looking for open people. I don't think you should have too many problems. But, small minded people are everywhere, regardless of where you live. But I wouldn't worry too much about it, as Omaha is full of some great people.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:16 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,018 times
I know quite a few happy mixed-race couples and see them all the time in public. I don't think many people, outside of the minority of small-minded bigots, who really think twice about it.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:17 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,546,477 times
I grew up in Kearney, with an Asian Dad and White Mom. We had no problems whatsoever. You'll be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska