Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2013, 06:05 PM

3 posts, read 5,994 times

Advertisements

I would move to Wayne,Nebraska next month. I'm using T-mobile now but I heard T-mobile isn't strong in Nebraska so I'm thinking about switching plan.
I have a smartphone now and the house I would live to have wifi all the time so I don't need any 4G. I simply want a phone carrier offer text, call and a sim card. ( I talked to Verizon and they want me to buy their phone in order to have a number WTH?)
Does anybody know the phone carrier in Wayne other than Verizon?

* sorry about my English,I'm an international student.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 11:03 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,236,958 times
Yes. Go with Viaero.
btw, I hope you enjoy Wayne. It's my hometown.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:45 AM

3 posts, read 5,994 times
thank you Fred. I actually visited Wayne State College last December, I love the people there.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:57 PM

5 posts, read 18,622 times
A Viaero SIM card should work with your T-Mo phone. If you don't like them, US Cellular is decent too.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:12 PM

2,048 posts, read 1,610,244 times
CenturyLink is a great choice if interested in local phone and high speed internet- they have a modern network and usually great customer service. Wireless- At&t.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:14 PM

108 posts, read 284,776 times
Your T-Mobile phone will continue working as-is on Viaero. Viaero and T-Mobile have a good relationship and I am not sure T-Mobile or Viaero even cap roaming use on the other network. Viaero has LTE now in Wayne, as well, and T-Mobile can roam on Viaero LTE. T-Mobile is not good in Omaha or Lincoln, but actually in pretty much all the rest of Nebraska they're fine because of Viaero.

AT&T and US Cellular also for sure have 4G LTE coverage in Wayne. Verizon does too but I am not 100% sure if it's native coverage or roaming on US Cellular. Most people I have known in or from the Wayne area have US Cellular. But, like Verizon, US Cellular would also make you get one of their phones because their phones are not otherwise compatible with just putting in a SIM card like AT&T, T-Mobile or Viaero. Different type of network.

edit: I did not realize until after I posted how old this thread was. I apologize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska