Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 01:17 PM

50 posts, read 36,603 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any feedback on the neighborhood of the condominium flats, at the Avenues at Shadow Green in Franklin? On maps I see a lot of industrial activity and businesses to the north and west. Local apartments complain of smell from the Sanitation Dept. facility, and others complain of noise nearby, which looks to me like some kind of quarry?? I would appreciate info from someone who has been to the neighborhood. Specifically I want to know if the south/under construction side of this project is subject to the nearby smells and noises. I see a small 'normal' shopping complex nearby to the west, but as I mentioned above, an overwhelming amount of 'other' businesses, which don't look desirable to live near. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2021, 07:19 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,087,408 times
It’s a convenient area for shopping but I honestly wouldn’t want to live where they are building that development. It is industrial. There’s the quarry and the recycling center. I think you can find a more desirable location to live. I honestly can’t believe they are squeezing in residential homes in the middle of all that.

Old 06-27-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
It’s a convenient area for shopping but I honestly wouldn’t want to live where they are building that development. It is industrial. There’s the quarry and the recycling center. I think you can find a more desirable location to live. I honestly can’t believe they are squeezing in residential homes in the middle of all that.
Bummer! I was afraid of that! Years ago I looked at property not adjacent to, and not visible to, but within hearing distance of a quarry, and it was a definite no! It was amazing how far the sound traveled, and it was all day digging and beeping. Well shoot. And yes, we looked all around on the map at the businesses to the north and....ick....I was just hoping that it would be a little insulated bubble to the south. They talk up the local shopping center to the east, which is just a grocery store and Target...

Thank you for your input. Searching from afar is not easy.

Problem is, there is really nothing available. I do like the Cool Springs area, we visited there last month.

Old 06-27-2021, 09:18 AM

There's also a jail there and a bailsbondman (?) business over there, too. There isn't much available right now, don't get discouraged. You just picked a really bad time to look. My house, not big, is up $30,000 in the last month. That's just ridiculous. There are a ton of apartments in the Cool Springs area and they are still building - there's Cadence and Dwell . . might make sense to rent for a year and see if things cool off or at least you have more choice. Maybe consider Thompson's Station (there is a new amphitheater near there https://www.firstbankamphitheater.com/ - A quarry that will at least make nicer sounds!) or Spring Hill?

Old 06-27-2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
There's also a jail there and a bailsbondman (?) business over there, too. There isn't much available right now, don't get discouraged. You just picked a really bad time to look. My house, not big, is up $30,000 in the last month. That's just ridiculous. There are a ton of apartments in the Cool Springs area and they are still building - there's Cadence and Dwell . . might make sense to rent for a year and see if things cool off or at least you have more choice. Maybe consider Thompson's Station (there is a new amphitheater near there https://www.firstbankamphitheater.com/ - A quarry that will at least make nicer sounds!) or Spring Hill?
Hi CountryGirl2b,

I really appreciate your input. Yes, I saw that bail bond place
Thompson's Station looks interesting; we did drive to Spring Hill in May, but you are are right - slim pickings over all the area for purchase right now.
We did favor an apt. complex in Cool Springs, and think that is our best bet for now, and wait and see...! I really do like that area. I think we will rent now, wait out the market, and see what becomes available in the future! We are friendly folks, and appreciated the friendliness of the area. Thanks again!

Old 06-27-2021, 10:02 PM

3,039 posts, read 3,306,920 times
Something to watch may be when Mack Hatcher Parkway is extended. It appears construction of the northwest quadrant is ahead of schedule & could open by October. This is from Hillsboro over to Westhaven. The final segment from Westhaven to Columbia is in the city's plans. Someday Mack Hatcher will be a complete circle around Franklin. When this is completed should be better access to Fairview, the Natchez Trace Parkway, far west Bellevue & I-40.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
Something to watch may be when Mack Hatcher Parkway is extended. It appears construction of the northwest quadrant is ahead of schedule & could open by October. This is from Hillsboro over to Westhaven. The final segment from Westhaven to Columbia is in the city's plans. Someday Mack Hatcher will be a complete circle around Franklin. When this is completed should be better access to Fairview, the Natchez Trace Parkway, far west Bellevue & I-40.
Gwoodle, that sounds hopeful and exciting! I'm looking forward to watching that unfold! Is there a source of information I can follow in this regard? Thanks!

Old 06-28-2021, 08:43 AM

3,039 posts, read 3,306,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWx23 View Post
Gwoodle, that sounds hopeful and exciting! I'm looking forward to watching that unfold! Is there a source of information I can follow in this regard? Thanks!
This is a combined TDOT & City of Franklin project so you can use both websites. Also check on the progress of Franklin road in the Holly Tree Gap area between Brentwood & Franklin.

https://www.tn.gov/tdot/news/2021/6/...4-30-2021.html

The TDOT site is a good place to see construction zones you may want to avoid.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
This is a combined TDOT & City of Franklin project so you can use both websites. Also check on the progress of Franklin road in the Holly Tree Gap area between Brentwood & Franklin.

https://www.tn.gov/tdot/news/2021/6/...4-30-2021.html

The TDOT site is a good place to see construction zones you may want to avoid.
Thanks!!

Old 06-28-2021, 02:27 PM

GWoodle has a great idea with Belleview! I would check there, for sure. I think there are some properties for sale under $400,000 now, but I’d be tempted to wait and see if things cool off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville