Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2021, 11:32 AM

55 posts, read 87,351 times

Advertisements

I really have decided to move to murfreesboro from South Carolina. My home now is 2600 square feet and roughly valued at 278,000. I am hoping that it goes up. I am looking for a home with a large ranch or bi-level does not matter but at least 2,200 sq ft and a fenced LG yard. I was wondering two or three questions that I don't want to ask a realtor most of them will give me a run around. I need to get to get & from Nashville because that is where my best opportunities lie in the the legal field. I am a nurse/Paralegal. My problem is I have night blindness I would like to be able to drive to church driving 20 miles is nothing new to me but I need street lights. I have gone to WOC and intend to continue. I need to know about driving the roads, the general prize of a type of home not wanting to do major renovations or a new roof. I prefer a home that is 0-3 yrs old. I have savings. But don't want to spend $500,000 more on a home. Is this idea possible? How are the taxes? Do they have street lights on major highways and esp. Salem which I know is being widened. Any suggestions I also like MT Juliet but found the prices are already going past my comfort zone. I am moving alone with my German shepherds. I want to try to plan ahead. No Apts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 05:26 AM

337 posts, read 448,298 times
sent you a DM. I live in the northern part of Murfreesboro.

Old 06-18-2021, 12:11 PM

Smile Sorry

Hi I realize you said you were living in Murfreesboro in the northern area but this website I can hardly manage. I was looking at some prices do you think they will drop next year? Everything was above my price range. Sure I can get more for my home now most likely but I am not ready yet and I am concerned over the inflated prices.
Can you tell me how the allergy season is there. I realize you have one but here where I live it was dubbed the pollen capital you can't walk out without yellow all over everything. And that will continue till August. Also due to my age and the fact I have over 20 yrs of nursing experience and now a paralegal degree are there jobs even if I have to travel to Nashville? Sorry but you are the only one who answered me
country heart

Last edited by country heart; 06-18-2021 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-18-2021, 12:36 PM

Default Want to live really close to Murfreesboro how is the jobs markets

Hi folks excuse me for the random times I post I am currently in SC and really want to get out of here. The church I belong to is in Murfreesboro so I thought it looked like a good place to start anew. I would be moving in 2 yrs time and I am a paralegal with a nursing background. I was wondering
1. how hard is it to find a job in the legal field even if in Nashville
2. Allergy how bad?
3. What would you estimate is the cost of living
4. Need a home that isn't cramped I have 2 German Shepards and 1 old great dane
5. Would like to purchase home also need a large backyard.
I currently have a HOA and would really not like to repeat the experience. Hubby is in hospice so that is the reason I want to stay until then. He knew all along I hated this state. The pollen count is constantly high triggering my asthma from May to August. No one is really friendly and they all refer to me as that northern person. MY church is the only exception to the rule.
I hope you don't find this in the wrong tone but it seems southern hospitality is reserved for those who are born here. Am I looking into the right place? I can't afford a fortune I am just starting a new career and I am older. LOL

Old 06-18-2021, 01:07 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,490,760 times
1. There should be a good number of opportunities as a paralegal in Nashville. I'm not sure about down in Murfreesboro, but it is a county seat with plenty of attorneys.

2. Pollen will be just as bad as South Carolina.

3. The cost of living index in Rutherford County is 90.2, which is less than the national average of 100. However, rents and property values are rising very quickly, as the real estate market is red hot. So, it may be much more expensive by the time you move here in two years.

Old 06-18-2021, 02:18 PM

1,664 posts, read 1,915,057 times
1. Yes, allergies make a lot of doctors rich in Middle Tennessee, lol

2. People by and large are very friendly. Like anywhere one moves to, there will always be someone who says “y’aint from around here are ya?” That happened to me once when we first retired here. I said no but, if you’d like the name of “one of yours” that didn’t have any problem selling me the land, I’m happy to give it to you. That stopped that bullying in a heartbeat

3. Provided you could find a job in Murfreesboro (Rutherford County) you might consider looking at homes in the northerly Bedford County area, which borders Rutherford County. It’s an Ag county, not as expensive to live in, and even two years down the road, you should still be able to by more for your money than in RutherfordCounty.

It it would all hinge on finding something in your line of work in the right area of Murfreesboro. The chances of finding something in Shelbyville, the county seat of Bedford County would be slim and none unless someone were retiring

Old 06-19-2021, 05:42 AM

337 posts, read 448,298 times
(I'm in north Murfreesboro) The house across the street from me is about the size sq ft of my house. They built after mine. They put it up for sale for the weekend and had 38 showings, 13 offers and most of them cash. I asked a realtor who was showing the house that weekend and she said they expect the current conditions to last for the next 3 years. My best friends across the street and to the right, is a nurse and has worked at various hospitals both in Nashville and Murfreesboro. I think they are always looking for nurses. The VA hospital in about 3 miles from me and I know they are always advertising for nurses.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:18 AM

Dear everyone thank you for all your information what towns in Bedford are close to Murfreesboro? The travel to Nashville I know is about 30 mins but that's fine coming from the NJ/NY area I am used to traffic ex. 2 hrs to go to beach when it's a 20 min drive in winter. Also should I look for a job first? I was thinking in Nashville. I would need to sell my home so I could use that money hopefully to but a dent in the price. I've used different sites but they seldom tell you about area. Still trying to navigate this site but again thank you for all your responses so far. If I don't see any responses may you all have a Wonderful July 4th and remember those who served and gave all for our freedom

Old 07-03-2021, 08:54 AM

3,037 posts, read 3,306,920 times
If night blindness is a problem maybe you should look in Bellevue. For one thing you can find something on/near a WeGo bus so that you would not have to drive at all at night. The main highways are well lit. Back streets not so well lit. Add in curves, hills, narrow roads becomes problem after dark. New WeGo bus schedules call for extended bus hours begin by 6:00 AM till 11:30PM.

Moving to Murfreesboro WeGo bus has 5 bus in the AM & 3 in the PM if you work normal day shift.

In your case may be desirable to get a job first then you know where & when to get to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville