Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 11:02 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,718,896 times

Advertisements

Only one? They added 14 more from Austin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 02:22 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,507,319 times
Frontier has ramped up its focus on Austin; and there are not many gates available at BNA at this time. The expansion underway now will add a whole concourse of 8-12 gates. Frontier wants to expand with them. Nothing firm yet. Stay tuned. And of course, SWA is the dominant carrier at BNA, and will likely remain that way. I don't expect a huge spike in fliers to Trenton all of a sudden.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:41 AM

13,351 posts, read 39,950,637 times
Southwest is going to start flying from Nashville to Atlanta with 5 flights a day. Southwest is inaugurating this service with $19 fares each way (sale ends this Saturday).

https://www.tennessean.com/story/mon...nta/340582002/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 02-16-2018, 01:01 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,087,991 times
Never spent much time in Atlanta but it would be nice if the prices didn't get too high, to use it to get to Atlanta for an international flight. Maybe Nashville will attract more than just BA. Anyway, the service starts August 7th and Southwest is only accepting reservations through October 1st so it's a small window, but for only $37 RT it could be a day trip!

Old 02-16-2018, 02:38 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,469,257 times
Cheaper than a tank of gas at least for the special fare offer.

Agreed...it does help to have a low cost connection to ATL for international. I sometimes fly Delta internationally and find that driving to ATL is worth the hassle to save $400+ on the BNA/ATL connection. Maybe with Southwest offering a flight to ATL it'll be worth the cost versus driving.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:54 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,718,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post

Agreed...it does help to have a low cost connection to ATL for international. I sometimes fly Delta internationally and find that driving to ATL is worth the hassle to save $400+ on the BNA/ATL connection. Maybe with Southwest offering a flight to ATL it'll be worth the cost versus driving.
You just have to factor in lots of extra time since you'd have to get your bags off the SWA carousel, then go out and recheck in for your international flight. So any delay on SWA would *********. (Yes, my parents missed a flight to New Zealand just for this reason. Thankfully Air NZ put them on the next United flight.)

Quote:
but for only $37 RT it could be a day trip!
When SWA first started, they had $19 rt flights between PHX and LAX so everyone would fly to LA for dinner or for the weekend.

Old 02-16-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post

I'm flying Turkish Airlines out of Atlanta to Paris this summer (layover in Istanbul) because it's something like $400 cheaper than flying out of BNA. Or it was when I booked my ticket. I'm eager for BNA to get more international flights. Rumors are swarming that one of Europe's budget airlines like WOW or Norwegian is coming to BNA which would be fantastic.

Anyway, I'm sure Delta will start cutting its fares out of BNA to match SW's fares or at least come close.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 02-16-2018, 05:34 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,087,991 times
Turkish Airlines sounds exotic! There was a time I would go pretty far out of my way (like Iceland) to get a good price. Now I go for comfort and dependability.

Flew to Europe twice on United out of BNA. Once through DC and once through Newark. But the tiny Embraer jets that United uses out of this airport caused problems 3/4 of the time.

At Christmas flew Southwest to Chicago and caught United to Amsterdam. Had to change airports (MDW to ORD) but that wasn't too bad.

In April flying to Boston on Southwest and catching Norewegian Air out to London/Gatwick. Their 'business class' seats are really a bargain at $1100 RT. Not lie flats but close. I think Southwest to Boston was about $120? Added together it's maybe $75 more than an economy seat on BA out of Nashville in May.

Yes, I could run into problems switching airlines but that's what travel insurance is for. Would be great if Nashville acquired more direct international flights!

Old 02-20-2018, 09:58 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,469,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
You just have to factor in lots of extra time since you'd have to get your bags off the SWA carousel, then go out and recheck in for your international flight. So any delay on SWA would *********. (Yes, my parents missed a flight to New Zealand just for this reason. Thankfully Air NZ put them on the next United flight.)
Definitely. The timing would have to be right. But I'd rather wait 3-4 hours extra at ATL on an early flight than spend 4 hours driving. One Flew South in Concourse E is a fine place to spend a layover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Anyway, I'm sure Delta will start cutting its fares out of BNA to match SW's fares or at least come close.
That's my hope as well. I'm certain the prices are likely to come down enough to where it's not an easy choice to decide to fly Delta to ATL or just drive.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:41 PM

Alaska Airlines is adding a second Seattle flight in June which, with Southwest and Delta, means Nashville will have four daily nonstops to Seattle.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville