Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 12:48 PM

5 posts, read 16,443 times

Advertisements

Can anyone share some details pro/com re: Hendersonville? I am considering relocation from New England with my family and would like to find an area we can call home. I've seen the websites and the stats. Can anyone give me anything else to consider?

Thanks.
Pozzzitiv1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2006, 11:53 AM

6 posts, read 15,623 times
I live in Gallatin which is a few miles up the road from Hendersonville. Hendersonville is a really nice town, just far enough out of the "big" city to still have the small town charm, but close enough to run into Nashville (about 15-20 minutes away) to be able to enjoy the varieties of food, entertainment, and shopping available only in larger cities. What things in particular are you curious about?

Old 01-21-2006, 11:34 PM

Default Considering Hendersonville

Hi Jen,

Thank you for your response. I'm really looking for an area to "settle down" in, call HOME, and raise my children. I'd like an area that is just far enough away from the business of the big city, yet within a half hour of children's educational activities. I would also be interested in how Gallatin or even Goodletsville compares to Hendersonville. It would be great to have a little land to go with a property, but I'd like to live close enough to get to know my neighbors. My husband and I would be most interested in the best family-oriented area that allows for the most cost-effective & highest quality way of life. Some would call that the American dream. Is that asking for (or expecting) too much?

Pozzzitiv1

Old 01-22-2006, 10:35 AM

4 posts, read 16,666 times
Lightbulb Try...

you may consider Lebanon, small town, near Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet area yet still close to Nashville area. Historical town with lots of charm Great school system and businesses located therein. My brother lives there. We enjoy visiting often.
Just a recommendation

Good luck,
S.Howe

Old 01-22-2006, 09:01 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I had seen some about Mt Juliet, but had not considered Lebanon.

Pozzzitiv1

Old 01-22-2006, 10:43 PM

5 posts, read 11,584 times
Default Is this HENDERSONVILLE, TN?

http://www.hvilletn.org/
http://www.hendersonville-pd.org/hpdcity.html (broken link)

Here is 2 links about Hendersonville, TN, I hope you find all the info you need, it is growing city and lots of construction going now all the time, ity is nice city with about 43,000 pop...and county is Sumner, is larger..so check out the links..
Sincerely, Willa

Old 01-23-2006, 08:48 AM

Thanks Willa!

Pozzzitiv1

Old 02-07-2006, 01:22 AM

61 posts, read 582,643 times
I have a home in Hendersonville as well as one in Goodlettsville, which I'm currently renting out. Goodlettsville is as handy to all the amenities that you would need as Hendersonville is, and a possible advantage to Goodlettsville is that you would be more likely to find a home with a rural feel to it there. It's my observation that real estate is a fair-bit less expensive as well. Traffic in both towns during rush hours is pretty intense - both towns, and most others within many miles, are bedroom communities for Nashville. Within the next year or so, I intend to move about 150 miles further east in Tennessee. The scenery in that part of the state is particularly beautiful, and you could still be near to all the amentities. I would imagine, though, that finding employment would be a significant factor in your decision...you sorta hafta go where you can earn a living. Good luck to you.

Frank

Old 11-30-2006, 09:39 AM

18 posts, read 215,449 times
Default How itense is the rush hour traffic?

Thank you for mentioning rush hour traffic. I too am considering a move to either Hendersonville or Goodlettsville for the schools and home values (I am a single parent of a 6 year old daughter) but I would more than likely need to commute into the city for work. I currently have a 45-60 min commute to travel 19 miles and would love to avoid duplicating this scenarion so maybe Hendersonville & Goodletsville are not right for my daughter and I afterall.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:03 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
You're going to find traffic congestion in Nashville and the collar counties no matter where you live around here.

I live 15 miles from work, and takes me about an hour to get home. And thats traveling from Brentwood up to the Opryland area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville