Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:36 AM

66 posts, read 184,047 times

Advertisements

Anyone on here live in Cameron Village off of 707 ?
We were down there last month and considering making the move and we liked this developement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 08:27 PM

882 posts, read 3,536,886 times
One of my wife's co-workers lives there and likes it pretty well. 707 traffic can get kinda hairy at times, but so can traffic essentially anywhere on the beach..

Funny thing is.. the girl she works with used to live directly across the street from us. Now they rent that house and live in a new build in Cameron Village..

Old 10-09-2008, 10:53 AM

rrufast, have they had any complaints about problems with the construction or any other problems that you know of or could find out for me ?

Thanks,
John

Old 10-09-2008, 08:59 PM

Will ask.. but they haven't had any issues that I'm aware of...but I'll ask again to be sure. They've lived there for just over a year I believe it is...

Old 10-12-2008, 10:48 AM

Thank you Sir.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:05 AM

They didn't have any issues to speak of. Normal punch list items like paint scuffs, cracked wall plate, and one light didn't work... but all were taken care of quickly and painlessly.

With the recent downturn in the market, I'd be willing to bet that the subs and the super's are paying even closer attention to detail...

Old 10-14-2008, 11:13 AM

Thank you sir, I appreciate the informationWe are coming downt this Thursday to reserve the building lot.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:52 PM

Congrats.. play hardball and ask for the world relative to upgrades... They should be somewhat accommodating given the current state of the economy...

PS-
Something I would SERIOUSLY consider... given that so many home owners are installing LCD or PLASMA flat screens in the living room, den, etc... you might want to talk to them about installing outlets up high on the wall, generally at the 4' or so mark for easier access when hanging the flat screen.. Easier to do before the sheetrock is up than after..

I would also have them run a cable outlet to at least two walls in any given room. This will allow for greater flexibility if/when you decide to change the layout of the room... I see it every day now working with cable..

Old 10-31-2008, 10:25 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
PS-
Something I would SERIOUSLY consider... given that so many home owners are installing LCD or PLASMA flat screens in the living room, den, etc... you might want to talk to them about installing outlets up high on the wall, generally at the 4' or so mark for easier access when hanging the flat screen.. Easier to do before the sheetrock is up than after..

I would also have them run a cable outlet to at least two walls in any given room. This will allow for greater flexibility if/when you decide to change the layout of the room... I see it every day now working with cable..
Absolutely recommended! Especially if it is above a fireplace. It is huge hassle to do it after the job is done.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:07 PM

4 posts, read 8,632 times
you might want to look into the Southbury community its just around the corner from cameron village on freewoods road,they have about 11 different plans to choose from you can customize them to your liking and right now they are doing all "LEED Certified" green homes as a standard that is of no extra cost to the client.I own a home in the neighborhood and love it i was able to make any changes i wanted in the house most of which didnt cost any extra.any questions just ask
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area