Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 04:24 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,787,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
It is being built between the 2nd avenue and 14th avenue pier in downtown Myrtle Beach. The last I heard it scheduled to be complete in April or May.
Thanks for the info. I tried to give you points but I must have already somewhere else recently!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 05:20 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,687,329 times
I'll still try for some photos too.
My parents had a home near the bridge in Seaside Heights. We spent some time in Wildwood this summer......Lovin' that boardwalk. Many times we rode bikes in Atlantic City and Wildwood....so much fun.
Lots of equiptment there this week and the main road closed......I was wondering what guests felt about that. Exciting though to see the progress, for sure.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:06 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,894,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Lots of equiptment there this week and the main road closed......I was wondering what guests felt about that. Exciting though to see the progress, for sure.
Summering,

I have to tell you with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years there really hasn't been many guests here. Up until the holidays much of the time it was a complete ghost town. It was so bad for a while that when a few people did check in my 5 year old complained that people were in HIS pool (I quickly corrected him). The few people who have been here haven't seemed to mind. Most seem curious enough to spend time watching. The only thing that seemed to bother anyone was the fact that the walking path between the building and the beach was removed and you have to walk around, which is a little inconvenient. With how cold it has been lately though no one is missing the pathway! The road is closed a little south of us so that hasn't been a problem here, at least not yet.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:42 PM

neecewh......You will see more and more people each month now. By March your son will feel like the entire NE population has entered "his" pool.........LOL
Thats the way it is here too in Surfside......
Some people actually were swimming in an outdoor pool last March, and it had been a winter like this is starting out at.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:26 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,698,371 times
The boardwalk has its own web site. Someone mentioned bicycles - it sounds like they might be allowed certains times of the day or year. NO skateboards, though.

Myrtle Beach Boardwalk

Old 01-13-2010, 04:21 PM

Here are some photos today of the "Boardwalk" starting point.
There is a lot of action down there. It was a joy to see this improvement.

The area where the boardwalk starts........

Another main area in Myrtle Beach where the boardwalk will be along the ocean shore.......

The colors of Myrtle Beach......lots of improvements in the downtown area.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:45 PM

369 posts, read 1,096,270 times
oh wow!!! okay so i am SUCH a sap... i have tears in my eyes cause I miss it there so badly... When I moved away in August I had seen pictures of what they wanted the boardwalk to be, but i still thought it had to be approved and talk was that it wasn't going to happen... thank you so much for posting videos and pictures and keep them coming for those of us that can't be there to see it - totally bittersweet to see these images. Hopefully it will be done by the time I make it back there to visit in May.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:22 PM

Oh VerdeOjos......You will love it when you return. I can sincerely say that they are working very, very, hard. There is equiptment and machines at each beach entry. Standing at that starting point of the boardwalk was such a good feeling for me too. It was just a breath of fresh air that......YES, this time something is going right. This will be a good thing for Myrtle Beach.
My kids Emailed me to say......." Hey, I thought the pavilion was gone." They are so happy to see the other amusement park still there. Families with children need this type of entertainment. They need it close to their hotels and close to the beach for easy access.
This boardwalk is coming along fast. I am amazed by this myself.
In May I will be gone..........and you can stand by that boardwalk entrance and tell me what a great sight it is. That isn't so far away~~~~~~

Old 02-13-2010, 03:35 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,894,967 times
I am heading out of here early so this will be the last video update I can post. Again, sorry I am terrible at taking videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w_PtLEf-y8

Old 02-14-2010, 04:04 PM

19 posts, read 73,397 times
I am also from NJ and moved here 7 years ago. The boardwalk will be great. Loved seeing the videos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area