Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2009, 09:28 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,809,477 times

Advertisements

Please tell me which would be the better vacation spot to visit and why....Really looking for the "WOW' factors of both places..Please advise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 10:20 AM

343 posts, read 726,788 times
San Diego is a beautiful city, weather's perfect 90% of the time, plenty of big city things to do. Big league sports, museums, zoos, beach, etc. Downside is traffic, very expensive to live or visit there.

Myrtle Beach is pretty, but not San Diego pretty. Weather is nice year-round, but can get hot and humid in summer. Plenty of touristy things to do, but all on a small-town scale as compared to SD. Myrtle would, however, stretch your vacation dollar much further in lodging and food.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:09 PM

53 posts, read 332,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscott2009 View Post
Please tell me which would be the better vacation spot to visit and why....Really looking for the "WOW' factors of both places..Please advise.

I lived in So-cal before moving to Myrtle beach. San Diego was my favorite beach (Torry pines specifically). As a torist, SD is best if you have the money to enjoy your self. They have major tourist attraction (sea World) and (san Diego zoo). Also, Cordinado hotel, expensive shoping and great spanish mission history. Myrtle beach has a very good beach: warm, and gental. Myrtle beach is cheap to visit compared to SD, and a lot of 10 and 5 dollar thrills. MB (george town) does have the plantation history and water sports (fishing, boating). Myrtle beach is purely torist oriented.

The beach is cold in SD. Water rarely is above 70 (only july and August). June has the JUNE GLUM (overcasted and too cold to swim).

Old 07-01-2009, 06:09 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,876,388 times
There is no comparison, really. Go to San Diego. Just get a hotel with a pool because the ocean is chilly. You should be able to find some hotel bargains on Hotel.com or Travelocity. Go on-line to the San Diego Visitor's Bureau site and download a list of all of the exciting and wonderful things there are to do. If you plan in advance, you can take advantage of some advance ticket pricing for some activities. Have fun and plan to hit MB another time.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:38 AM

90 posts, read 367,278 times
Cosctco.com has a really great So. Cal. CityPass. It offers great attractions and an excellent value. We are planning to go in August and my brother who lives out there confirmed that it actually is a good value. If you do get it, however, you may want to go to one of the websites mentioned or Hotwire.com and get a hotel in the Anaheim area for the three days (two nights) at Disneyland/California Adventure because the drive from San Diego would be a little far to do three times (at least according to my brother). I would definitely choose San Diego over Myrtle Beach if it's in your budget, although I love Myrtle Beach so I know you could have a great family vacation there, as well. I owned a place there (MB) for 25 years, but still like San Diego better if I had to choose. You will have fun either place.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:00 AM

137 posts, read 575,871 times
If you want to LOOK at the ocean (too cold to enjoy without a wetsuit) and go to Mexico to visit a third world country, then SD would be the place for you. Traffic can be bad on the freeways. Sometimes it's very Foggy in the mornings. Inland a few miles it's very hot and dry, like a desert. On the other hand If you want to swim in nice warm water and lie on a warm beach and sip a cold drink then MB is for you. It can get very humid in MB and the traffic can be bad at times also. Different strokes for different folks as they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area