Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2009, 01:54 PM

71 posts, read 244,884 times

Advertisements

Hello I was just wondering how did Myrtle BEach compare to Virginia Beach? I have been to Myrtle Beach and it is definitely nice but I was wondering how did it compare to VA Beach in terms of things to do, overall beauty,size, and overall atmosphere. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 08:02 PM

30 posts, read 123,915 times
Smile Very Different, but enough the same...

I've only been to VA Beach once, 7 years ago for my honeymoon. I go to MB every year and it is my favorite place ever! We're actually working on moving there now, so I am admittedly very biased. That said, we had a great time in VA too. They both have an aquarium and I loved both of them, although from what I remember VA's seemed more zoo-like with a greater variety, but not the gimmicky cool stuff Ripley's in MB has. The beach itself is pretty similar to me, but MB strikes me as a little cleaner. VA has the bikes you can rent and ride all along the beach, so that's cool and we stayed downtown there, so it was veyr compact. There were days we never even got in the car, and that doesn't happen much in MB no matter where you stay, for me.

We loved the street performers they have out for people to watch every night in VA. They do things like music, juggling, magic and acrobatics. I'm not sure if they still have those, but they were fun while we were there. I'm not sure what else to say... feel free to ask any questions that you still have!

Old 03-22-2009, 07:06 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,695,515 times
In parts of Myrtle Beach you can rent Golf Carts and bikes to ride around on. Garden City has a nice supply on its main street. I know Cherry Grove up in North Myrtle had different types of bikes to rent.
There is a lot to enjoy for all ages in Myrtle Beach. Broadway at the Beach has added quite a few kids rides. It also has minature golf, the Imax theater, a bunch of restaurants and a great walking area full of shops. The aquarium is in this area also.......
Myrtle has a bunch of shows for the entire family Dolly's Dixie Stampede was loved by everyone in the family, all ages. Next door to that is the Grand Opry shows.......
Alabama Theater has a large schedule of country music stars....
The Legends theater is a fun night of entertainment....and the imitators are really good.
What is great about Myrtle is that it is a golfers heaven. There is 100 courses in the general area.
The Coastal Mall is fantastic......
The New Market Common too.........and the theater there has seats to die for.....leather recliners!
I have been to VA beaches, but..........to long ago to judge.
So this is a sample of what Myrtle has....
Besides if one heads for Murrells Inlet and the seafood places by the marsh......really a fun area too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area