Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 12:27 PM

2 posts, read 10,875 times

Advertisements

I worked @ the fishing pier for a few summers.
I was friends with Kit Liews and Buddy.
I have a postcard of the pier and beach from about 1970 from the air.
The Beach Cove Condo is where the pier was.
Thommy Thompson ran the pier for 20 years and owned the motel at the creek next to the campgrounds.(just at the bridge)
We lived in the brick house behind the motel.(it is gone now-replaced by condos)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 02:24 PM

3 posts, read 8,573 times
My family visited 1976 through 1980. My brother and I made a lot of friends and it was so much fun going to the Pier, and to the Arcade they had at the Campground. Many Many Many good memories..esp bicenteniial year. The pool always had fun activities and so many nice people to meet from all over. I remember going to Rice Planters to eat , and the Barefoot Traders to shop. Mostly though were the people. Wish I could turn back time. Would like to find some of those people now.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:26 PM

Wasn't that house by a bridge in the campground? I have great memories of crossing that bridge, going through the sand dunes to get to the pier, walking out on the pier and going back in the arcade. Great times!!

Old 09-26-2011, 03:26 PM

awesome going there now to Facebook page now!! we would go there in late July, early August. Would run into some of the same people from previous years. thanks for creating page!

Old 12-21-2011, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,766 times
Bump. My mother & aunt recently passed away and while going through family photos I found lots of pix from our days @ Sherwood Forest. We spent our summers there from the mid -1960's to the late 1980's. I watched that place transform and recently stayed at the Barefoot Resort. It was so sad to see all my childhood haunts gone and replaced by a high rise. I tried to find the facebook page but am coming up empty. I would love to share memories and see some old pix. I have some great ones.....the old Pavilion & pool, Kits Pier, the Swash, the bridge...and does anyone remember the big slide in the parking lot of the pier? ............. ahhhh the memories. Can anyone post the facebook link? Thanks so much!

Old 07-20-2012, 05:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,646 times
Default Campground for sale??

Hi, Wondering if anyone has info on this campground. Why did it shut down, is it for sale?? My family has been looking for a family campground to purchase and run. Years ago we stayed in the beach cove resort that overlooked this campground and thought it would be an awesome place to visit but never got the chance to do so. Any info anyone could give me on this matter would be great. I have been reading, lots of people loved this campground and have fond memories of their time there. I would luv to bring something like this back to life. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area