Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2024, 09:10 AM

2 posts, read 268 times

Advertisements

We are coming out next week to search for a possible new home in the Surfside Beach/Myrtle Beach area. As many people have said on this forum, we want friendly and comfortable. We are not looking for a "fancy" area but rather one where we can go to the local bar from time to time, talk to people, and become part of a community. We like to renovate and would be ok with that older home with a larger yard for gardening, having an outdoor kitchen, and building a pool, eventually. It's hard to know what areas are good based on online searches and a kind realtor but the zips we are finding most houses we like are in 29575, 29579, and 29588. Bugs and humidity will probably be an issue but we'll get through that! Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2024, 01:06 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,540,797 times

Old 04-12-2024, 07:27 AM

790 posts, read 1,619,379 times
Any of those zip codes would work and are, generally, nice areas. Like any place, there are some rough areas in all of them. A good realtor can guide you. I'll PM you the name of one that we have used several times and is good to work with. What is your price range and are you looking for single family, townhome, mobile home, etc?

Old 04-12-2024, 08:39 PM

2 posts, read 268 times
Thanks for the recommendation! I'm currently working with a realtor and I think she may think we are crazy not to be attracted to new builds but is happy to take us around. We are trying to stay around $400K. I'd like to be able to "eventually" retire so being able to make a payment is important. We are absolutely able and willing to do some work to get in an older area established area that has outdoor space. We don't need golf courses, public pools, or gyms. I'd rather be in an area where I can drive a golf cart to the beach and live casually with "real people" around us without being in a flood zone. It may be a hard find but we'd rather be in the "right" place than an OK place, if that makes sense.

Old 04-13-2024, 07:24 AM

790 posts, read 1,619,379 times
Being able to drive a golf cart to the beach and not be in a flood zone may be quite the challenge...LOL!! Best of luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area