Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2022, 03:13 PM

4,902 posts, read 7,467,318 times

Advertisements

Does Huntington Beach or Myrtle Beach have a sunrise service on the beach?

Also, will most restaurants be closed or only with reservations?

Thanks for any insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2022, 04:08 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,837,201 times
The only service I’ve seen advertised so far is at 2nd Ave pier in MB @6:30. I don’t ever recall one at HBSP. For 20+ years there was one at Litchfield by the Sea in Pawleys, but it was cancelled last year due to Covid and is apparently not resuming. There is also usually one at the south end of PI beach but I haven’t seen anything about this year. Parking is a serious problem at that location.

With rare exceptions, most restaurants will be open and extremely busy. I would not go anywhere on Easter without a reservation. If the restaurant does not do reservations, be prepared for a lengthy wait.

Old 04-04-2022, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
The only service I’ve seen advertised so far is at 2nd Ave pier in MB @6:30. I don’t ever recall one at HBSP. For 20+ years there was one at Litchfield by the Sea in Pawleys, but it was cancelled last year due to Covid and is apparently not resuming. There is also usually one at the south end of PI beach but I haven’t seen anything about this year. Parking is a serious problem at that location.

With rare exceptions, most restaurants will be open and extremely busy. I would not go anywhere on Easter without a reservation. If the restaurant does not do reservations, be prepared for a lengthy wait.

Well, we may have to do our own prayers on the beach. I assume the State Park beaches will be open but I haven’t confirmed yet.

Any suggestions for an Easter Brunch in the $25-30ish/person entry or buffet range? Just two adults. Haven’t made hotel reservations yet but probably in the Murrell’s Inlet area.

Thanks for the info.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:04 AM

The park will definitely be open. Gates open @ 6:00ish.

I haven't paid much attn to who is offering special Easter meals. We are leaning toward a picnic in Brookgreen. Quigley's is doing a buffet. I love Quigley's but not generally impressed by their buffets. Pawleys Plantation usually does a very nice one at Easter. Coastal Dish (the old Webster's) in Litchfield by the Sea has a nice one IF the do it. We called last week for friends coming to town, and the restaurant told us they were still unsure of their plans. Usually, one or two along the Marshwalk will offer a buffet. Your best bet is to start calling, and definitely make a reservation. Most will usually allow walk-ins but it requires more patience than I have.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:39 AM

Quote:
The park will definitely be open. Gates open @ 6:00ish.

I haven't paid much attn to who is offering special Easter meals. We are leaning toward a picnic in Brookgreen. Quigley's is doing a buffet. I love Quigley's but not generally impressed by their buffets. Pawleys Plantation usually does a very nice one at Easter. Coastal Dish (the old Webster's) in Litchfield by the Sea has a nice one IF the do it. We called last week for friends coming to town, and the restaurant told us they were still unsure of their plans. Usually, one or two along the Marshwalk will offer a buffet. Your best bet is to start calling, and definitely make a reservation. Most will usually allow walk-ins but it requires more patience than I have.

Thank you for the suggestions . . . Especially the picnic on the beach!! Sounds like a great plan.

Old 04-09-2022, 01:07 PM

Wahoo's on the Marshwalk has announced an Easter buffet - https://www.wahoosfishhouse.com/thanksgiving-menu IMO, they have good food but I have never eaten a buffet there.

Old 04-09-2022, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Wahoo's on the Marshwalk has announced an Easter buffet - https://www.wahoosfishhouse.com/thanksgiving-menu IMO, they have good food but I have never eaten a buffet there.
Thanks! I’ll check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: