Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2021, 06:16 AM

246 posts, read 431,572 times

Advertisements

What are the best Antique Malls in the Myrtle Beach area?

If you've been to Florence SC, I'd like to find one similar to the Palmetto Peddler (Several thousand sq. feet with many booths)

Does the Grand Strand have any like this?
Or is there an antique store that you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 08:35 AM

161 posts, read 237,682 times
Tons of antiques and/or shops that sell antiques, some on consignment. There actually are a raft of consignments shops on route 17 business from Myrtle beach to Pawleys Isand....there are even printed brochures with names and addresses for most of them

Old 03-10-2021, 09:29 AM

1,124 posts, read 1,715,421 times
The best "antiques" places ( just one person's opinion, of course ) on the Grand Strand have closed, but there is a pretty big place in Murrell's Inlet that is a consignment venue with a good many booths. The exact name escapes me, as it changed about a year ago, but it is on BUS 17 heading south, barely south of the Inlet Mall... you need to turn right at the southernmost mall entrance road past Poppy's and the little shopping strip- and then take the immediate left into the parking lot of the shop. Its adjacent to the now-closed K&W cafeteria. Most of what I've seen there is overpriced, in my opinion, but that being said the variety of items is pretty good and especially if you are into old glass, art or wood you will probably find it interesting.
Also, Peggy's Antiques is a good place- its located in front of the Hudson's Flea Market, in the little log cabin. Great for scouting small items

As noted in the previous post, there are many consignment shops on BUS 17 from Murrell's Inlet all the way up into Myrtle Beach proper and there is a little flyer that maps everything in this area- you might check with your local haunt to see if they have a rack with similar pamphlets for your area. Just a note- it seems to me as I think about it that the shops on the northbound side of BUS 17 tend to be more in the "thrift shop" genre, where those on the southbound side are what most people think of as consignment stores.
Hope this helps-
Busy

Old 03-12-2021, 12:25 AM

107 posts, read 112,956 times
There's a flea market in Garden City/Surfside area next to the water park, which has a hodge podge of old and curious things.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:13 AM

1,124 posts, read 1,715,421 times
If you are into European antiques, there is a guy in Pawleys Island that has an entire business dedicated to them- Rothrock Antiques- next to the Applewood House of Pancakes in the old church.
I think he opened a branch business in Murrell's Inlet recently its off Wachessaw Road about a block.
I think his prices are quite high, but the items offered are unique and I will say that the artwork he sells is very broad in scope for age as well as content
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area