Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 09:08 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,627,335 times

Advertisements

t was just a regular day at the beach — sun, surf and a woman getting into trouble with police for wearing a bikini … to the beach.

Sam Panda was visiting Myrtle Beach over the weekend when a woman reportedly called the cops on Panda over her bikini.

According to Panda, who posted a video of her being detained by police in the allegedly “offensive” bathing suit on Facebook, the woman who she suspects complained about her was also with a child.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cops...174129060.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 06:42 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,831,773 times
Well staged, well planned, just another nobody looking for her 30 seconds of fame. It wasn’t a bikini; it was a thong, which is illegal on MB beaches. Like it or not, it’s the law and the PD was only enforcing it. She was not handcuffed and arrested for wearing a thong. She was handcuffed for being disorderly and resisting an officer’s instructions. She knew exactly what she was doing and she got exactly what she wanted - her face on a video that was online minutes after it was over. Just another trashy “lady” thinking anybody would give a dam. “Sam Panda”? Seriously??

Old 08-06-2020, 07:15 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,340,804 times
This reeks of publicity stunt.

Old 08-09-2020, 05:55 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,317,804 times
Glad that woman had the guts to report it. There are places for being "cheeky" if one so desires, and this area filled with families with young kids isn't it.

Very, very tacky.

Old 08-12-2020, 02:34 PM

5,165 posts, read 7,374,775 times
I do not think a thong bikini is allowed on public beaches in SC as they try to preserve a family environment. But other states such as Florida may have adult beaches or nude beaches, but I don't believe that may be the case in SC. Not sure about NC or Georgia.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:49 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,423,286 times
This girl looked very skanky and all tatooed up like a circus freak. Thats why the cops noticed her.

Old 08-17-2020, 05:40 AM

6,471 posts, read 3,167,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I do not think a thong bikini is allowed on public beaches in SC as they try to preserve a family environment. But other states such as Florida may have adult beaches or nude beaches, but I don't believe that may be the case in SC. Not sure about NC or Georgia.
That's correct, and it's been that way for a LONG time. SC tries very hard to preserve their "family friendly atmosphere" on their beaches, and they're very serious about it. As an example, you're not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages on the beach. Although there are signs posted, telling you that, sometimes people forget. One of my former co-workers was one of those forgetful people.

He was there on vacation with his family as well as a couple other relatives and their families. They had rented a beachfront house. The day before they were to leave, they made one last visit to the beach itself, and he had a can of beer in his hand. Stupid mistake, for sure, but it's easy to do, as they were on the porch of the house, and made an on the spot decision to take one last stroll.

He was spotted by the Beach Patrol, and taken to jail, to serve 24 hours.....no exceptions! That completely upset their return trip plans, as they were planning to leave very early the next morning to head back home, and instead, had to wait until the afternoon, and the 24 hours had expired. Was his wife upset, to say the least!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
This girl looked very skanky and all tatooed up like a circus freak. That's why the cops noticed her.

Didn't read the article, did you? The Beach Patrol didn't "notice her" all by themselves, they received a complaint from another woman who was on the beach with her family. But yeah, the thong wearer did look a little "rough around the edges"......

Old 08-21-2020, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,074 times
she's kinda hot actually...

Old 08-21-2020, 02:53 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,550,081 times
I did not know that thongs were prohibited on Myrtle beaches (not that it would be a problem for my wife and I in our 60's and 70's). However I do recall many years ago on a vacation to Myrtle Beach that I observed my first thong bikini and being the old pervert I was decided to take a walk behind her. It was long enough ago that there might not have been any legislation on the books yet.....

Old 08-22-2020, 06:18 AM

6,471 posts, read 3,167,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I did not know that thongs were prohibited on Myrtle beaches (not that it would be a problem for my wife and I in our 60's and 70's). However I do recall many years ago on a vacation to Myrtle Beach that I observed my first thong bikini and being the old pervert I was decided to take a walk behind her. It was long enough ago that there might not have been any legislation on the books yet.....
One of my colleagues from work, owned/rented out a condo unit in North Myrtle beach, and I rented the place a number of times, between 1980, when he first purchased it, through 1995, when he sold it. My last visit to MB was in 2001. IIRC, the ordinance of "too revealing" bikinis came to pass during the time that I was visiting there, maybe in the late 1990s-early 2000s. And I also seem to recall that the "town fathers" managed to draw up some 5-6 page "specification sheet" spelling out what was "decent and legal", versus what was banned.......THAT must have been a real doozy of a meeting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area