Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2020, 07:23 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,077,296 times

Advertisements

This summer I went with family to rent a boat on a lake in South Central Indiana. Three younger women, likely older teens or early 20s, were also getting a boat ready. They were all wearing very reviling bikini bottoms and one was practically wearing a thong (little more material at the top than what Sam Panda was wearing). In Indiana, a less than full covering is technically illegal, but I've never heard of it being enforced.

The "cheeky" trend started around 2015 and as the years have passed, some brands have just offered even more and more cheekier options. It used to be said that trends that started on the coasts would make their way to the middle part of the country eventually. Well, with social media, any trend changes make their way across the country instantly.

Look at any beach locations on social media near popular tourist areas and you'll see cheeky to thong swimwear. Do the same with various water parks, you'll see the same depending on location. Check out a local beach volleyball tournament or college swim meet warm-up session, you'll see very cheeky swimwear today compared to just five or more years back. This trend is here and I don't see it going away. Given how it isn't a big deal in other cultures, I don't think we'll see a trend back to more conservative swimwear anytime soon.

I was in MB two years ago, looked out the window of our room and a 30-something woman was wearing a full on thong. She wasn't no where near the size of this Sam Panda woman though. The thing is, anyone in favor of this trend will have to understand that it won't be long before you start seeing fifty year old men and women wearing these types of bottoms. I've only been to one topless beach, down in St. Maarten. There weren't that many topless women, maybe four in the area I could see (and this includes women who were walking the beach). However, of the four, only one was in her 20s, the others were 60+. There was even a 60-70 aged couple holding hands, both wearing just thong bottoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2020, 07:34 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,117 times
It was shocking at first but now, at least in NJ and FL, it seems to be the norm. However like yoga pants one need to have the body to make the look work........

Old 08-22-2020, 08:29 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
I watched half of the video and I still don't understand why the cops put her in handcuffs. Seriously, with all the real crime going on the cops have time to handcuff a woman because she is wearing a thong? How about just give her a warning and tell her to leave the beach. I'm normally pro police but this is ludicrous.

Old 08-22-2020, 11:24 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,077,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I watched half of the video and I still don't understand why the cops put her in handcuffs. Seriously, with all the real crime going on the cops have time to handcuff a woman because she is wearing a thong? How about just give her a warning and tell her to leave the beach. I'm normally pro police but this is ludicrous.
The video starts out with the handcuffing. They said in the video I saw that she refused to be detained for a crime that under current law, she is in violation of. I got the feeling that she refused to go with them like they asked. I also don't see someone that argumentative leaving a public beach either. She wanted to argue her definition of "nudity." In this "my, myself, and I" era, I see this a lot. Every individual thinks their way, definition, ideal, morals, etc. is how certain actions and words are defined in law. If people are going to be allowed to walk away, refuse to identify themselves, etc. for local and low level state offenses, then those offenses shouldn't be on the books. There is no reason to have written laws if there ends up being no rule-of-law being enforced. At some point, society at large is going to have to re-examine what laws they want on the books. What are "real crimes" going to be defined as? Crimes where someone is physically hurt? Where there is a financial loss? If this isn't a "real crime," then I don't see how women being topless can be a crime either.

Old 08-23-2020, 10:20 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,418,407 times
Here is the issue. They have to have some type of clothing laws on the beach. Many women even if the weigh 400lbs think that they have a right to wear even the most revealing bathing suits made, Who knows what kind of disgusting ugly sites we ALL would be forced to see if there was not common decency laws...

Old 08-23-2020, 12:59 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
The female body is Satanic and designed for carnal pleasure. It has no place on the Christian beaches of South Carolina.

All this could be avoided if we just had special parts of the beach relegated to women, out of view, so that Christian men and children would not have to be tempted by women's sinful butt cheeks and breasts, or "Satan's Playthings" as I like to call them.

Old 08-23-2020, 03:34 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
The female body is Satanic and designed for carnal pleasure. It has no place on the Christian beaches of South Carolina.

All this could be avoided if we just had special parts of the beach relegated to women, out of view, so that Christian men and children would not have to be tempted by women's sinful butt cheeks and breasts, or "Satan's Playthings" as I like to call them.
Jesus-F'en-Christ! How do I share the same planet with "people" like this??????

Old 08-23-2020, 04:18 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Jesus-F'en-Christ! How do I share the same planet with "people" like this??????
What, people who lay sarcasm on so thick it should be obvious to anyone who has figured out 52 pickup is not a game?

Old 08-27-2020, 01:27 PM

6,435 posts, read 3,140,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I could be wrong, but isn't the beach patrolled by a separate "police force"?

Old 08-27-2020, 03:48 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I could be wrong, but isn't the beach patrolled by a separate "police force"?
Yup..that would be the Beach Patrol Unit. They typically drive pickup trucks with surfboards in the bed for rescue.

https://police.cityofmyrtlebeach.com...isions/patrol/

Here's what they look like patrolling the beach (this is North Myrtle Beach patrol unit)

Cops detain beachgoer over her bikini: 'Completely ludicrous'-img_0229.jpeg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area