Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2020, 12:24 PM

214 posts, read 261,132 times

Advertisements

We moved to the NMB area 3 weeks ago . Now that we're settled in we are trying to find a bank . I found a lot of them . The problem is all the banks are drive-thru only . How do you go about opening a checking and/or savings account . Do any of the local banks allow customers into the building ? TIA .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 01:59 PM

790 posts, read 1,622,232 times
At our bank, if you drive up and want to do something (like open or close and account) that would normally be done inside, they have you drive to a parking spot in the parking lot and send someone out to your car to complete the transaction. Pick a bank and drive up to their drive through and tell them you want to open an account. I'm sure that they have a process to make that happen.

Old 08-25-2020, 05:43 PM

43,111 posts, read 18,281,341 times
You should be able to call and make an appointment to go inside. You can do that at my bank..United Community Bank.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:21 AM

Thank you both . I will try making an appointment . If that doesn't work then I will go the drive-thru route .

Old 08-26-2020, 05:46 AM

6,454 posts, read 3,150,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e66330 View Post
We moved to the NMB area 3 weeks ago . Now that we're settled in we are trying to find a bank . I found a lot of them . The problem is all the banks are drive-thru only . How do you go about opening a checking and/or savings account . Do any of the local banks allow customers into the building ? TIA .
According to your posted "location", it says Webster, NY. I currently live in Webster, but used to vacation quite regularly in Myrtle Beach, although it's been a while since I've made the trip. I've always enjoyed MB "a week at a time", but was never there any longer than that. How do you like it there, on an extended basis?

Old 08-26-2020, 06:52 AM

You know Leadfoot4 , you're right . I have not changed my location on here . How's life in Webster these days ? I really don't miss it all that much . We have family and friends still there so we will be up a couple of times a year .Take care !

Old 08-26-2020, 09:37 AM

6,454 posts, read 3,150,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e66330 View Post
You know Leadfoot4 , you're right . I have not changed my location on here . How's life in Webster these days ? I really don't miss it all that much . We have family and friends still there so we will be up a couple of times a year .Take care !
Still really hot and humid, and a severe storm is forecast for later today/this evening. Other than that, it's still pretty much the same........

Old 09-01-2020, 12:55 AM

49 posts, read 84,533 times
Default Only drive-thru banks??

We too will be looking for a bank in MB when we relocate in October. Are the banks all “drive-thru”? Up here in NY there is no such thing as a drive-thru ONLY bank. Most banks have drive-thrus but all offer inside the branch regular hours for us old-school people who still like/feel more secure going inside to conduct business (ie open/close an account) or get money out of our account and have a teller actually hand us the money. Yes I pay most of my recurring bills online but prefer to do my banking up-close-and-personal, wearing a mask and social distancing of course in light of the Covid situation. So what banks in the area are good, long-established, insured banks where you can go inside any of their branches to transact business?

Old 09-01-2020, 07:32 AM

790 posts, read 1,622,232 times
Nearly all banks have a lobby and walk-ins during normal times. The "drive through only" is a (hopefully) temporary measure as a result of COVID.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:27 AM

I called the bank that was the best fit for me and called them and asked for an appointment . No problem at all . They told me what the entry into the bank requirements were and everything went fine . Filled out the online application , went to the bank , spent 25 minutes inside with a mask on and got my business without a hitch .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area