Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2020, 04:07 PM

49 posts, read 84,447 times

Advertisements

Are there short term (3-6 mos) rentals in the MB area-condo or house-while we search for our forever home? Retiring mid year from the northeast and anticipating having to rent someplace for a short time while we look/find our ideal retirement home? Would like to hear from others on the board or pm as to the logistics of planning and executing an interstate move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 05:22 AM

43,064 posts, read 18,237,901 times
I sent you a DM.

Moved here last March and did a short term rental (3 months) until I bought my condo.

Old 07-14-2020, 09:54 PM

3 posts, read 3,068 times
Hi. I'm wondering the same thing and I am having trouble finding somewhere to rent for 6 months. Any advice?

Old 07-21-2020, 02:23 PM

99 posts, read 141,352 times
Beach Vacations does short and long term rentals

Old 07-22-2020, 11:10 AM

11,431 posts, read 5,973,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriC1655 View Post
Hi. I'm wondering the same thing and I am having trouble finding somewhere to rent for 6 months. Any advice?
6 months feels more like long-term renting rather than short term.

How flexible are you on time frame? Are you stuck to certain dates or just want to live for a 6 month block of time in Myrtle Beach.

I have no clue how easy to find, but I think subletting a place might be a possible option. Somebody renting a place might be forced to move or transfer, and may look to someone else to finish their lease so they don't have to pay penalties for breaking it. Your selection is probably much worse but it could be a way to get something for several monts. It may be 5 months or 7 though. You can't just pick your rental term with a sublet.

Just throwing out the possibility. Maybe check Craigslist for Myrtle Beach sublets.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:46 PM

790 posts, read 1,620,210 times
3-6 month rentals are problematic for most landlords...especially if the end of the lease is in the middle of winter. It's much more difficult to find tenants at that time of year. That's why most leases are for 12 months.

The best strategy, Kaisermust, might be to plan on renting for a year as that gives you more time to explore the area and find the right community/house. It also allows for plenty of time for a house to be built if that's what you end up deciding to do. It's better than feeling rushed to find something that ends up being a bad decision. Whether you rent for 3 months or 12 months, it still an extra move...the only difference is the time frame.

Now, if you decided to move here in November/December rather than the middle of summer, you'd probably have a much easier time finding a short term rental. Landlord's who end up with an empty rental at that time of year would welcome a short term rental because it would allow them to market their property in the middle of summer which is the prime time to fill a vacancy. Plus, there are also vacation properties available that time of year that are normally rented out in the summer but are empty during the winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: