Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2019, 04:23 AM

98 posts, read 246,061 times

Advertisements

My husband recently was transferred to the Conway area...The only guidelines given for housing were "between South of Broadway in MB and Georgetown". The relo company assigned to us is uh, useless. After a month of searching, two visits and my husband already relocating the area we still haven't found a house- we currently have a offer on a home but the inspection report returned 93 items for repair...most of which are definitely needed. Unless the sellers knock off $75k or repair...it's back to the drawing board! We've been focusing on Pawley's but there's not much in the 600-700k range and we probably need to broaden our search area. We also sold our current house in 5 days- and have to be out 12/18...So a quick close would be great!

What are your favorite neighborhoods in the area...preferably with water access? We're in our mid- thirties, no children (maybe later), one dog (GSP)... Thank you all in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2019, 05:22 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,698,831 times
I live in the Market Common area and love it. The homes in this area are going to be smaller lots and no water access, but you are about a mile or so to the beach. Prices top out at about $500,000. You might want to look in Murrell's Inlet. If you are near a river or the Intercoastal you need to pay close attention to flooding history.

Old 12-03-2019, 06:47 AM

790 posts, read 1,620,210 times
Try Cypress River Plantation. They have a good variety of houses for sale in your price range, access to water and there are lots available if you decide you want to build your own house.

You could also try Prince Creek but few of those homes have direct access to the water.

Old 12-03-2019, 12:03 PM

16 posts, read 23,120 times
Just curious why those parameters for housing if he is working in Conway? So many areas to choose from that are commuting distance to Conway. I assume you mean you want to be on the south end? Depending on how big you want there should be lots of options in that price range. I work in Pawleys Island so if you have a particular area here in mind I could give you the good , the bad and the ugly LOL

Old 12-04-2019, 10:30 AM

120 posts, read 226,629 times
I live in Cypress River Plantation the one CTyankee54 mentioned above. Awesome neighborhood, my wife and I are very happy here. A friend came down to see us this past spring and fell in love with the place and bought a lot and are now getting ready to build.

Pick your favorite real estate person and come take a look at some homes but don't discount building your own which is what we did and very happy we did. If I can answer any questions I would be happy to. I'm a retired Pharmacist and have nothing to do with real estate so I have nothing to gain on this suggestion!

By the way, when we sold our home on Long Island the buyer wanted it the day we had our first open house but said he would be back in 5 days that they wanted to look around first so similar story to yours. We had to be out in 40 days, we had already bought the lot here and rented until they built our home.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:49 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,098,224 times
Market Common, Murrells Inlet, Garden City or Pawleys Island.

Old 01-22-2020, 12:23 PM

3 posts, read 1,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanky View Post
My husband recently was transferred to the Conway area...The only guidelines given for housing were "between South of Broadway in MB and Georgetown". The relo company assigned to us is uh, useless. After a month of searching, two visits and my husband already relocating the area we still haven't found a house- we currently have a offer on a home but the inspection report returned 93 items for repair...most of which are definitely needed. Unless the sellers knock off $75k or repair...it's back to the drawing board! We've been focusing on Pawley's but there's not much in the 600-700k range and we probably need to broaden our search area. We also sold our current house in 5 days- and have to be out 12/18...So a quick close would be great!

What are your favorite neighborhoods in the area...preferably with water access? We're in our mid- thirties, no children (maybe later), one dog (GSP)... Thank you all in advance!!
Don't pass Go, don't look at anything other than Ocean Drive Beach and Cherry Grove Beach, which are the two most northern communities of North Myrtle Beach closest to the North Carolina border. They have by far less crime, yet access to solid shopping, Seacoast Hospital, and the prices are better than the southern part of the Myrtle area like Surfside, Pawleys, and Murrells Inlet. Additionally, you have the Carolina Beach Music Culture/history/active and still going in the Ocean Drive and Cherry Grove area which still have active Carolina Beach clubs/dancing/concerts that are catered more to old adults of that generation, and where you can still drive a golf cart to the beach.

Don't waste your time looking anywhere else in my opinion, if you are moving to the Myrtle Beach area. Avoid Myrtle Beach, period. Areas of south of Myrtle are nice, but expensive and don't have the culture compared to Ocean Drive and Cherry Grove, which is the northern part of North Myrtle Beach.

Old 01-25-2020, 09:44 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,098,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneforthehokies View Post
Don't pass Go, don't look at anything other than Ocean Drive Beach and Cherry Grove Beach, which are the two most northern communities of North Myrtle Beach closest to the North Carolina border. They have by far less crime, yet access to solid shopping, Seacoast Hospital, and the prices are better than the southern part of the Myrtle area like Surfside, Pawleys, and Murrells Inlet. Additionally, you have the Carolina Beach Music Culture/history/active and still going in the Ocean Drive and Cherry Grove area which still have active Carolina Beach clubs/dancing/concerts that are catered more to old adults of that generation, and where you can still drive a golf cart to the beach.

Don't waste your time looking anywhere else in my opinion, if you are moving to the Myrtle Beach area. Avoid Myrtle Beach, period. Areas of south of Myrtle are nice, but expensive and don't have the culture compared to Ocean Drive and Cherry Grove, which is the northern part of North Myrtle Beach.
I was born and raised in Myrtle Beach, lived in NMB for five years, worked in NMB for fifteen and disagree with everything you've written.

You can drive a golf cart to the beach anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area