Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2019, 10:54 AM

70 posts, read 93,816 times

Advertisements

So I live in Conway and work in Myrtle Beach. My house is about 10 minutes from the Conway bus terminal and my job is within walking distance of one of the main bus stops. Today for the first time I took the bus to work while my car is in the shop (my roommate drove me to the bus station but was unable to drive me to work). It was fairly sufficient, on time, and not very crowded. I know that buses, by nature, are impacted by the various traffic patterns, accidents, etc., but I was honestly expecting much worse given the reputation of rural public transportation compared to bigger cities.

I'm considering using the RTA regularly for work(although admittedly not much else as shopping etc. may be impractical), in order to be more eco-friendly, save gas money, and just maybe help my clunker car last long enough for me to save up to buy a new one by not driving it as often. The thing is, it has some negative reviews, so I'm not sure if today was a "fluke". Most of the reviews I've read are several years old and nothing beyond late 2018. So I'm curious as to if anyone has had more recent experience overall and if maybe some of the problems have been fixed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area