Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 11:12 AM

810 posts, read 1,183,685 times

Advertisements

We have family trying to find their new home. They like Prince Creek area, but most is built out. They prefer new construction or very young resale. They also like low or no maintenance. They found Stonegate but only 3 lots are left with very hefty premiums. The SFHs at Longwood Bluff didn’t wow them. Anyone have some recommendations? Price point mid 300’s. They prefer south end of Myrtle. Market Common too busy and built up. Thank you so much for any leads
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 07:04 AM

Maybe I should broaden the search. Please recommend desirable neighborhoods in Surfside, GC or MI. They don’t necessarily have to be low/no maintenance. They would love some recommendations from people who either live in these areas or are familiar with them. Thank you

Old 06-19-2019, 07:57 AM

790 posts, read 1,624,636 times
Your friends may want to consider:

https://www.drhorton.com/South-Carol...-at-Timberlake
https://www.brglistings.com/cypress-river-plantation/ Houses in this development are generally above their price point but there are a couple that might be negotiated down or they might buy a lot and have something built.
Arrowhead Grand Homes for Sale This is a little further north than you mentioned (but still south of MB) but we have friends who live here and it's a very nice neighborhood. There are also some available lots that could be built on.

https://www.lennar.com/new-homes/sou...tbrook-estates This is in the same area are Arrowhead Grande. We have friends who just signed a contract to have a house built here.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:00 PM

Thank you CTYankee. They would really like to stay south of Myrtle, but Cypress Plantation looks beautiful. A little over their price point though

They were really hoping for something in a Murrells Inlet, but I don’t think what they want is easy to find

Old 06-22-2019, 07:36 AM

We have friends that live in Timberlake and love it. Your friends might look there.

If they want new construction south of MB and don't want Market Common and can't find anything in Prince Creek, their options are limited. There's new construction in the Surfside area but that's getting way to congested for my tastes. They might consider Windsor Plantation which is on 544. It has a couple of drawbacks (1. near a concrete plant but if you get a lot far enough away it would be ok 2. 544 can be a bear in the summer but you can get out the back entrance and use 707 instead).

I would encourage them to look at Arrowhead and Forestbrook Estates. They may find that they like the location which is still slightly South of MB and convenient to everything.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:51 PM

Thank you for suggesting Timberlake. I passed it on and also gave them your suggestion on Forestbrook area. They have been to Windsor plantation but didn’t like where it was located. As you said, very busy area.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:29 PM

312 posts, read 516,921 times
Woodlawn Plantation in Murrells Inlet has a few lots for sale. It’s very quiet. You find the builder, but I’m not sure you could get a lot and build for mid 300s.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:39 PM

I was out driving yesterday and noticed that Lennar is getting ready to build at The Lakes which is a very nice, older community. Lennar must be expanding it. Your friends may want to check it out whenever it becomes available.

https://www.lennar.com/New-Homes/Sou...nt=The%20Lakes

Old 06-25-2019, 05:59 AM

CT, thank you. We drove around The Lakes. Looks nice in there. Lennar’s property is tucked in back so it should be quiet. I thought that area is Surfside but it’s considered MB.

Old 06-25-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtoLongIsland View Post
Woodlawn Plantation in Murrells Inlet has a few lots for sale. It’s very quiet. You find the builder, but I’m not sure you could get a lot and build for mid 300s.
Beautiful area but way out of their price range!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area