Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2018, 10:23 AM

11,557 posts, read 53,224,340 times

Advertisements

I will be at a convention in Myrtle Beach 2nd week of January 2019. I'm free for most of the week because there's only a couple of hours I need to be at the conference. I will have a rental car for the stay there.

So I'm seeking local opinions on what to do, and "locals" restaurants (as opposed to tourist targeted places) in the area.

My interests would be fishing, antiquing/flea markets, finding the local "hole in the wall" restaurants that cater to the locals, or other regional activities that are out of the mainstream of the tourist targeted businesses.

I'm not into the plethora of usual "tourist" attractions … mall shopping, golf, beach walks, amusement parks, Ripley's, wax museums, muscle car museum, warbird museum, bars, theater, modern art museums, or similar "entertainments".

Your suggestions would be much appreciated so I can plan ahead for the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 11:44 AM

5,404 posts, read 16,006,902 times
Do you enjoy live bands? If so, head to NMB, Main St. and check out Ducks Nightclub or Deckerz....great live bands (although Deckerz isn't the best inside venue....they are great when it's warm enough for the bands to play outside on the deck!).

Old 11-15-2018, 09:14 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,675,219 times
On the south end of the Myrtle Beach area there are lots of great things to do. Just remember that most things are "touristy" because this is a tourist area, that doesn't mean that locals don't also do these things and go to these places. Here are a few suggestions:

Murrells Inlet MarshWalk – Spectacular Waterfront Dining

https://www.brookgreen.org

https://southcarolinaparks.com/huntington-beach

Hudson's Flea Market

Old 11-22-2018, 08:05 AM

43 posts, read 54,573 times
What are the temperatures one should expect when visiting at the end of January? are most businesses open in north myrtle beach or are some seasonal and closed? thanks in advance for responses

Old 11-22-2018, 07:12 PM

790 posts, read 1,624,397 times
The average high in January is 59. There will be some days warmer and some days cooler. I've seen temps in the 70's in Jan while other times in can be the 40's...it just depends on your luck when you're here.

Many businesses are open year round but there are a few...mostly small restaurants...that close during the winter. You'll find plenty of places to eat and shop if that's what you're looking for.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:11 AM

132 posts, read 174,626 times
Try Malibu of Surfside is you like Italian, the best. Reservations recommended . Wear a thick fleece jacket and you should be fine. Things that are closed are anything water related, tours, slides, boats, etc. Other than that most things are open.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:37 AM

107 posts, read 113,348 times
Many attractions, though you don't like them, are still open. Walking the beach and boardwalk is still a nice option. Many restaurants have specials throughout the winter. (Angelo's and TBonz both have buy one, get one free steak specials, and both are VERY good). The local theatres usually have something going on, Barefoot Landing has shopping and occasionally live music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area