Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 10:33 AM

215 posts, read 545,000 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at some property with a Waccamaw Riverfront. I know the Waccamaw floods and stilts are required for building a home. Even though there has been some severe flooding in the past year or so I still see some really nice homes along the banks and people out boating, fishing and having fun on the river.

I've also heard the alligator stories (lots of alligators in the river) but in the past 25 years I don't remember hearing about anyone being bit by one. I also hear the fishing is good.

So, I'm leaning towards the purchase but still have questions. I would appreciate anyone's personal input, positive or negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 04:29 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times
I would absolutely build on the Waccamaw River. It is beautiful. My ex boyfriend's home was on the river and it was so peaceful I could have spent the rest of my life there.

If you ever get bored, you can take the Waccamaw straight to the Atlantic Ocean!

Do this, you'll never regret it.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:58 PM

Thanks, BH. I appreciate your imput.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:31 AM

120 posts, read 226,665 times
I live in Cypress River Plantation which is along the River in Myrtle Beach. My house is a couple blocks inland. It's a beautiful community!

Old 09-07-2018, 10:59 AM

1,045 posts, read 1,938,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I would absolutely build on the Waccamaw River. It is beautiful. My ex boyfriend's home was on the river and it was so peaceful I could have spent the rest of my life there.

If you ever get bored, you can take the Waccamaw straight to the Atlantic Ocean!

Do this, you'll never regret it.
Heard there were alligators there!

Old 09-08-2018, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdecamp View Post
I live in Cypress River Plantation which is along the River in Myrtle Beach. My house is a couple blocks inland. It's a beautiful community!

Thanks, gdecamp for that information. I googled it and plan to check it out, too. Looks like a great place to live. Really like the amenities!

Old 09-09-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcamp View Post
Thanks, gdecamp for that information. I googled it and plan to check it out, too. Looks like a great place to live. Really like the amenities!
It really is beautiful here! Any questions shoot me a message if you like. Right now we are gearing up for possible (probable) storm so may not get to answer right away.

Here is a video done last month by a local real estate on our neighborhood. Best to watch it full screen on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3WThxEacko

Old 09-22-2018, 07:59 AM

5 posts, read 3,372 times
They are preparing for major flooding right now in Georgetown County. Hope everyones stays safe!

Old 09-22-2018, 09:34 AM

We are fine here in Cypress River Plantation. May get some flooding just outside our neighborhood gates but should be ok in here. In fact Coast Guard and Army Corp of Engineers are both using out boat landing and some area in here because we are highest spot in the area. Who knows though but we look good....so far!

Old 09-23-2018, 08:41 AM

99 posts, read 141,430 times
Even if your home is on stilts, you'll probably want to evacuate because the roads could be flooded for weeks. I have relatives who live on the river, they evacuated 12 days ago and who knows when they can come back. The river hasn't crested yet so they don't want to return home and some roads getting back to the area are flooded and closed. There are many homes on the intercoastal waterway that aren't in a flood zone and it goes right into the waccamaw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area