Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2018, 01:05 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,940,355 times

Advertisements

We have narrowed it down to Little River being a possible retire place. Could someone tell me what parts of town are "less desirable" areas? I'm curious because of the variance in home prices. The realtor that I've been communicating with keeps avoiding the question!!
Thank you☺
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 05:35 PM

214 posts, read 261,481 times
Take a look at some of the properties for sale in Little River . You can how safe they are by clicking on the map for each property . Basically , some neighborhoods are next to some of the older , maybe more financially disadvantaged areas . Personally I do not put much stock in that sort of thinking . Little River is seeing a lot of influx of people with some money from the northeast . It's getting better by the day . Take a look here - https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...ittle-River_SC . What areas are you looking at in LR ?

Old 07-30-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e66330 View Post
Take a look at some of the properties for sale in Little River . You can how safe they are by clicking on the map for each property . Basically , some neighborhoods are next to some of the older , maybe more financially disadvantaged areas . Personally I do not put much stock in that sort of thinking . Little River is seeing a lot of influx of people with some money from the northeast . It's getting better by the day . Take a look here - https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...ittle-River_SC . What areas are you looking at in LR ?
Here are a couple homes that interested me.*.Little River Rd.(111) & hwy 17...
/* Carolina Crossing Blvd & state hwy 57 N
/ *Carolina Bays Pkwy & (90) Champions Blvd.
Does that give you an idea of the general áreas?
I don't know the áreas. I Just look at the houses that interest me, size, price, etc.!
Thanks☺

Old 08-01-2018, 05:49 AM

8,778 posts, read 5,074,069 times
A good idea, for any place you move to, is to research the areas, before you look at homes. You may love the house, but what good is it if you find you hate the area

Old 08-02-2018, 10:31 AM

42 posts, read 55,741 times
We have moved to Little River within the last year. Its hard to generalize--the area is growing so fast and new developments going up that the nature of a particular neighborhood has shifted as new housing stock goes in. That said, here are my thoughts:

Objectively decide your must haves in terms of the house itself
Think about the environment--are you golf cart and beach people, golfers, etc.
Look at crime maps--Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
but remember, this is very different from an urban area up north. There is a lot of good information when you scroll down.

I also subscribe to CrimeSpot (its free) because it pinpoints exact locations.

We really like Little River!

Last edited by Yac; 08-03-2018 at 02:12 AM..

Old 08-02-2018, 10:55 AM

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: