Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2018, 05:34 PM

70 posts, read 76,355 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to resurrect an old thread that ran for 9 months ago in the MB- Conway section. I was calling it Newcomers and Hopefuls to Myrtle Beach. I also wanted to continue the thread with local, face-to-face meetings as each person/family arrived (visited, lived or moved to). One poster said it's not needed because there are many meetup.com groups. I find these groups to be here one day, gone tomorrow, which I realize can be the case with any group, but the important thing I found since the thread ended was that many people don't like meetup.com groups or any face-to-face groups. And meetup.com is somewhat structured, as it needs to be. For example the Newcomers and Hopefuls group could have local "chapters", and maybe could somehow meet everyone's needs, especially with the addition of the continuation on city-data and the addition of videochatting. Many people said they feel uncomfortable attending face-to-face groups not knowing anyone there. So I'm assuming someone else would be interested in being a part of this 3-prong idea. Let me know. I'm Sherry from Warminster, PA , a Phila suburb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 10:23 AM

70 posts, read 76,355 times
Default Longer term residents of MB also needed

I need to add that I think it's important to also get existing locals involved in a newcomers group because they have a wealth of information and also give an idea of what the locals are really like. On the old Newcomers thread there were many posters who were already well settled in the area, some I think for quite a while and they were very informative and seemed to lend an air of stability and comfort to those unsure or floundering. It's all about helping each other, camaraderie and friendship so all are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area