Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2017, 06:04 AM

638 posts, read 998,602 times

Advertisements

For people who have moved to Myrtle Beach from other states,are you finding your car insurance to be higher? I read where one poster from Massachusetts said his doubled!😱 I find that hard to believe,so was wondering if anyone else has experienced such an increase. Thanks!😊
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 08:26 AM

790 posts, read 1,630,613 times
My car insurance did, indeed, increase slightly but certainly not doubled. Insurance companies sometimes use a change in location, number of drivers, etc. to slip in a extra bump in their increase beyond what one would normally get with the change...especially for long term customers who they think might not be inclined to shop around. Also, some insurance companies are stronger in one area than another (stronger meaning more policyholders and, thus, better rates) so when moving, your insurance company may not be as competitive in your new location. I'd definitely suggest shopping around once you move.

Also, as a general rule, shop car and homeowners insurance every few years. Insurance companies definitely pump up their rates if they think a long-term customer is not likely to shop around.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:18 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,683,310 times
Ours didn't change. NJ - SC

Old 09-04-2017, 05:37 PM

538 posts, read 1,010,914 times
Mine went down ....Long Island to SC.

Shop around!!

Old 09-04-2017, 09:09 PM

482 posts, read 848,071 times
Mine went up slightly Charleston to Murrells Inlet

Old 09-05-2017, 06:56 AM

39 posts, read 54,640 times
Relocated to MB from The Jersey Shore this year & my premiums went up almost 15% with Geico. Surprised the hell out of me. I'm assuming it's a reflection of the area's incompetent drivers and horrific roads.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:12 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,028,605 times
You are dealing with drivers from "out of state", who have no idea where they're going and will take a right hand turn from the far left lane....a bunch of IDIOTS on the roads....especially in the summer. The odds of a wreck are pretty good. That's why your rates are higher!
We actually were behind a car on Rt. 17 in the left lane who stopped dead to wave folks on foot to cross the street. Of course, the other 2 right hand lanes had NO IDEA folks were crossing in the middle of the highway....what a cluster! The folks on foot were lucky they weren't run over. This is the mindset of some of the out-of-state drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area