Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 10,233 times

Advertisements

Is there anywhere near Surfside/Garden City Beach to park overnight? We are staying a week after Christmas and my son is wanting to come down for a couple of the days we are there however our rental only allows us one parking pass. I've already asked if we could pay for him to park there and they said no.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 04:19 PM

538 posts, read 1,007,269 times
Shame on whoever you're renting from. It's a slow time of the year, and there will be plenty of parking at all the hotel and condo's. You'd figure they could spare another parking pass. As far as parking goes in that neighborhood, I don't know the rules. Sorry...

Old 08-22-2017, 11:03 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
If he doesn't need easy access to his car, maybe you could park at the airport. It isn't all that expensive and not very far from where you will be staying. You could still get his car in and out and they would definitely let you park there overnight. Here's a detail of the prices from the Myrtle Beach airport.

Parking at the Airport
Myrtle Beach International Airport offers Short Term and Long Term parking options, as well as a Credit Card lot, which is the most budget-friendly option for longer stays.

The airport also offers designated handicap parking spaces for your convenience in each of the lots, as well as courtesy free parking for special needs passengers in the short term lot.

In addition, curbside porter services are available, call 843-916-9287 for more info.

Short Term/Hourly Parking
The short term lot is the closest to the main terminal and the best option for a quick pick-up or drop off. In this lot the first 20 minutes are free, with each additional 20 minutes costing $1, up to a maximum of $15.

Long Term Parking
Parking in the long-term lot costs $2 for the first four hours and then $9 for parking between 4 and 24 hours.

Credit Card Lot
This long-term parking lot is the best option for those keeping their car overnight or for multiple days. The fee is $1 per hour, up to a maximum cost of $7 per day.

Handicap Parking
Handicapped parking is available at no cost throughout any of the airport’s lots.

He might also be able to park at Myrtle Beach State Park. Here's a link to their website which mentions overnight parking about half way down the page.

Myrtle Beach Campgrounds - Myrtle Beach Pier - Myrtle Beach State Park

Old 08-25-2017, 05:57 PM

382 posts, read 867,243 times
There's a Wal-Mart on route 522 (Dick Pond Rd.) a mile or so just North of the Surfside Beach city limits. It's right at the exit of 17 bypass & 522.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:48 PM

790 posts, read 1,619,379 times
According to this link, paid parking is only in effect through the end of October. I would assume that you can park anywhere there's a space on the street overnight for free.

http://www.surfsidebeach.org/Data/Si...rch-2016-2.pdf

Old 05-04-2018, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 9,616 times
we are staying at Roxanne Towers may 31st thru june 3rd. I was told only one parking pass was allowed for 3 people due to construction. Is there all night meter parking near there?

Old 05-09-2018, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 9,532 times
I am going to Garden City August 11-18, 2018. We are staying at Horizon East. They only allow 1 parking spot per unit. We have 6 people and won't all fit into one car to go down to S.C. nor to go on outings with all of us together. We too are trying to find overnight parking within walking distance to Horizon East. We were told Walmart but it's about a 10 minute drive by car and neither of us want to leave our car in a Walmart parking lot unattended overnight for a whole week. If you find anything out please let me know! Thanks, Susan

Old 05-16-2018, 11:35 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flutterfluffy View Post
I am going to Garden City August 11-18, 2018. We are staying at Horizon East. They only allow 1 parking spot per unit. We have 6 people and won't all fit into one car to go down to S.C. nor to go on outings with all of us together. We too are trying to find overnight parking within walking distance to Horizon East. We were told Walmart but it's about a 10 minute drive by car and neither of us want to leave our car in a Walmart parking lot unattended overnight for a whole week. If you find anything out please let me know! Thanks, Susan
Susan, my dad and grandmother have/had condos at Horizon East. I would park in the Kroger Parking lot or the Inlet Square Mall parking lot. I used to leave my car overnight at the mall all the time and no one ever bothered it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area