Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 10:56 AM

7 posts, read 7,991 times

Advertisements

We are moving for BF's job and I want a community that has lots of family's with kids as we will be getting married and starting our own family soon. I want a community that is very social. Where we live now is great for amenities and location but everyone keeps to themselves.
I grew up on Long Island and we had block parties and neighborhood events all the time. Everyone was always out in their yards socializing. Since living down south (Charlotte mainly) I have never found an area like that.

I understand the variables of insurance and traffic. That is not as much as a concern because it comes with the territory. Basically I'm switching taxes and insurance. Right now I pay very high taxes and lower insurance so that will be a comparable swap it seems.
I would love some feedback about the social aspects of the different areas. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 12:16 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,726,312 times
Where is the job and how far away are you willing to be from work?

Old 07-05-2015, 12:25 PM

His could be in downtown Myrtle or in Murrells Inlet. He is in training before given a a permanent location. Mine is still TBD. I have an interview at a job slightly above where 501 meets business 17.

I am used to driving. When we lived here before I chose to live in Pawleys and drive 50 mins to where I worked because I wanted the beach. Location is more important to me than traffic or drive time.

I want to enjoy my home and neighborhood more than I want a short commute. But I'd prefer to be closer to the beach. A drive to work is ok but a shorter drive to the beach would be ideal.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:16 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,708,211 times
Depending on your budget, there are many communities in the Carolina Forest area that are full of families. Most will have club houses and pools. Higher end try Market Commons ($275k plus to buy, $1500/month to rent) At the mid-range ($200-250k plus to buy, $1300/month to rent) check out Berkshire Forest or Arrowhead. Drive around the neighborhoods and check out the schools in the area. Many of these places have SF homes that can be rented. You are more likely to find families in the areas with SF homes.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:02 PM

Excuse my ignorance but what is SF?

Old 07-05-2015, 06:09 PM

214 posts, read 262,966 times
Default Sf =

Single family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: