Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2014, 02:57 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,505,436 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information on a head on car accident this past weekend where a couple from Charlotte were hit head on by a drunk driver. The couples name is Ryan from Matthews NC near Charlotte. Male passenger is Robert Ryan. Very good friend of mine but can't get any info what hospital they are in. His wife fractured her back in 3 places. The drunk drivers wife had to go to the hospital as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 03:02 PM

I need help locating their dog as well as the dog was in the car with the Ryans. Appreciate any help you could provide.
Thank you.

Please share this with anyone you know in the Charlotte-Myrtle Beach area. Name of the couple is Robert Ryan from Matthews NC.....

My dear friend's parents were in a horrible accident on SC 9 on Sunday afternoon heading home to Charlotte, NC when they were hit head on by a drunk driver. Please help us find their sweet dog that would bring them so much peace and hope during this difficult time.

Message from the daughter:
"Alright everyone, I really need your help here!

At the accident, a good samaritan picked up our Jersey Girl. Whoever picked her up put their contact information in my moms pocket. However, my moms clothes were cut up and thrown away in the emergency room so we have no idea who has her or how to get a hold of them.

The police officers thought the person might have known us so she may be in Charlotte or Myrtle Beach.

Jersey is a nine year old female golden retriever. We cut her hair in the summer so she may look more like a lab now. She answers to "Jersey, Jersey Girl, JG, Jay, JB, and Jay-Z," She also has a very distinctive cowlick on the top of her head that looks like a mohawk. She's extremely friendly and loves everyone, literally.

If you could share this information with your FB friends so we might find the wonderful person who's taking care of Jersey. I would appreciate it so so much!

I know I'm asking for lots of prayers and shares but I tell you what it is REALLY WORKING! I know bringing back Jersey will really lift my parents up.

Thank you SO SO MUCH!!

Old 07-09-2014, 04:17 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,673,360 times
I read this earlier today. It was posted yesterday afternoon. Public information, seems a bit bizarre that you haven't been able to find out about it.

Woman reunited with missing dog after parents injured in crash - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Not only is it in the newspaper, it's all over Facebook. Maybe you should just call your friend…...

Last edited by vrexy; 07-09-2014 at 04:29 PM..

Old 07-10-2014, 07:44 AM

My Friend is in a Coma, how could i call him?? I had no way to get in touch with his daughter either. Now i am trying to find out what Hospital they are in? Article did not say where the accident occured other than route 9. Anything you could pass on would be appreciated.
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I read this earlier today. It was posted yesterday afternoon. Public information, seems a bit bizarre that you haven't been able to find out about it.

Woman reunited with missing dog after parents injured in crash - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Not only is it in the newspaper, it's all over Facebook. Maybe you should just call your friend…...

Old 07-10-2014, 08:08 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,314,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
My Friend is in a Coma, how could i call him?? I had no way to get in touch with his daughter either. Now i am trying to find out what Hospital they are in? Article did not say where the accident occured other than route 9. Anything you could pass on would be appreciated.
thank you
I don't doubt your story, but honestly, in this day and age of weird behavior and the anonymity that the internet provides, I doubt if anyone who does have this information (I don't) is going to pass it along to a stranger on an internet forum who says that the victims were close friends.

Have you tried calling the hospitals in the area and asking if they are there? Some facilities will still give you this type of information if the patient did not request otherwise. I work in a dialysis clinic and call local hospitals all the time to see if our patients are admitted so we know whether to expect them or not, and it has never been a problem.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
thank you
You said that your dear friend's parents were in the accident……...

Old 07-10-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
I don't doubt your story, but honestly, in this day and age of weird behavior and the anonymity that the internet provides, I doubt if anyone who does have this information (I don't) is going to pass it along to a stranger on an internet forum who says that the victims were close friends.

Have you tried calling the hospitals in the area and asking if they are there? Some facilities will still give you this type of information if the patient did not request otherwise. I work in a dialysis clinic and call local hospitals all the time to see if our patients are admitted so we know whether to expect them or not, and it has never been a problem.

Good suggestion. Do you know the name of the main hospital in Myrtle beach?

Old 07-10-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
You said that your dear friend's parents were in the accident……...
No, I was forwarding the facebook post of one of the friends of the daughter. She's 23.
I am friends with the 64 year old father, i'm 60.
Been friends since we were both in out late 20's

Sorry for the confusion

Old 07-10-2014, 11:54 AM

Just got a update from his daughter:
Update from Bob Ryans Daughter:

Hi everyone, thank you so so much for everything you all have done for my family. I know these prayers are lifting them up.

Here are some more updates:

Today was the hardest day for my Mom. She said she was in the most amount of pain, which says a lot for my Mom because she never complains. They did a Cat Scan and found that she does have internal damages, however, they should heal on her own. They also did an MRI and with that they felt they should do surgery to stabilize her back. She actually just got out of the surgery and it all went well! They put some nuts and bolts (I think that's what they said) in her lower back. This should speed up the recovery process and help take the pain down. She'll have a long recovery and will have to wear a back brace for a while but I know she'll fully heal.

My Dad is doing so well for the condition he's in. He is still in the ICU with a ventilator keeping up his breathing. On Monday the doctor came in and said this was very serious and he was first going to investigate if this was life or death. On Tuesday, he came in and said "The first thing I want to know is if the patient will live and I do believe your husband will live" to my Mom which was the best news I've ever heard in my life. My Dad is currently being medically sedated and he will stay like that for at least one more week. He has a bolt in his head that is monitoring his brain pressure from the bleeding. That has remained at a good number and the doctors and nurses are happy with that. His vitals are also looking so great. I'm so thankful my Dad took such good care of himself and worked out at the Y almost every day, this is helping him so much! They give him a "sedation vacation" every day where they don't exactly wake him up, but as the nurses say "bring him to the surface" where they give him commands like "bend your toes, Bob." He's been responding to those commands which is such a good sign!! When they finally wake up they will be able to determine the next steps. We may need to keep him in rehab for quite some time, but I'm praying so hard I get my full Dad and his full brain back. He also had a terrible burn on his arm and his arm was so swollen. They did surgery on his arm to relieve the pressure and drain the excess blood. They said it's looking great and he will be able to have feeling and use his arm and hand, which is great! All and all, he's still in critical condition, but I know my Dad's a fighter and I know these prayers are helping so we HAVE to get through this.

Jersey is safe and sound with us. She cried so much when I picked up her. When I brought her back to the condo she went looking for my parents in all the rooms. I just told her that she and I would be spending a lot more time together but that they would be back and safe before we knew it. She is limping a little bit but I think that is just from the arthritis she has. She's also very tired and is only eating bread but I can't forget she too when through a tragedy.

Right now I'm in Myrtle Beach with Jeff, my boyfriend, and my Aunt Kathy, my Dad's sister. They are both keeping my spirits up and helping me with so many things. They're also making sure I'm eating and sleeping. I don't quite know what I would do without them.

Regarding the accident, I know information was released on the person who was driving the vehicle that hit my parents. I'm not ready to see his face or name as I don't know what I will do when I humanize the person who has done so much physical and emotional harm to my family. I honestly cannot believe this is all happening.

Thank you all again so much for helping bring Jersey back and for continuing to pray for my family. I KNOW it is helping so so much. Thank you also for all of your kind words. I'm sorry I'm not responding to everything, it's very overwhelming right now. But please know in my darkest moments I look at my texts and messages and they lift me up so much.

Thank you so so much.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:24 PM

Glad to hear that your friend is alive and expected to survive. Your original posts were confusing, but I guess that's to be expected under the circumstances!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area