Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 01:10 PM

3 posts, read 3,840 times

Advertisements

Hi am a single mom of two girls planning to move from Houston, Tx to Myrtle Beach. Am looking for a cheap ,safe apartment. I wanna be close to grocery stores , to good schools and not to far from the beach.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 02:07 PM

790 posts, read 1,630,909 times
The Grand Strand is 60 miles long so there are lots of options but in order to narrow it down it would be beneficial to know in what part of MB you'll be working, how many bedrooms you'll want and the price range. Are there any specific amenities you'd want with the apartment or just a basic apartment. And what would you consider "too far" from the beach?

Old 06-17-2014, 02:18 PM

Am looking for a two bedroom apartment, with washer dryer included if possible plus they must accept dogs. My price range is $600-$900.
I currently don't have a car but my girls and me are used to walking and taking the bus. But I also want it to be safe.
I was looking into the Ivy stone at Palmetto Point and into River Landing. But I need help.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:00 PM

790 posts, read 1,630,909 times
Palmetto Point was one complex that came to mind when I saw your first message. We had a friend who looked there and they were very nice and the area is pretty safe.

Don't know much about River Landing other than it looks nice from the nearby bridge I drive over.

However, neither is very convenient to shopping, etc. Walking would be difficult and bus service is very spotty. There is a bus that goes close to River Landing. I did not find a route near Palmetto Point. Click here for more: Coast RTA

Getting around MB depending on bus service is difficult. You would need to study the bus routes and find a complex near the bus routes.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:07 PM

Thank you. I just got off the phone with Cherry Grove Apartments in North Myrtle Beach. They seem safe and seemingly close to everything.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:31 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,906,481 times
I think you will be fine there. The complex has fairly new management and is trying to overcome the image problem caused by past management. For your price range, not having a car, and needing to bring your dog, it probably is the best complex you will find. My advice is to take it. North Myrtle Beach has good schools. My grandchildren have done very well in the North Myrtle Beach schools.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:03 AM

312 posts, read 734,449 times
I think that would be a good choice in North Myrtle Beach for you...it is close to pretty much everything you will need...best wishes to you in your new adventure.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area