Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 10:10 AM

5 posts, read 5,928 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating from Roanoke, VA. We have 3 little ones. We are trying to find a place to rent. It doesn't matter if it's a house, apartment, townhouse, or condo. I just need to know the areas to stay away from. What are the good schools and what are the bad schools? My son is almost 5 and will be starting elementary school in the fall. Any suggestions on apartments or townhomes? Our credit isn't very good so we have to find something/someone willing to work with us. We are working on repairing it now it just takes time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. if you have any suggestions on rentals, period, it would be very helpful!!!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 03:22 PM

790 posts, read 1,630,613 times
It's hard to provide advice with so little to go on. A good start would be the maximum price you can afford for rent.

Also, do either of you have a job secured and if so, what part of MB?

Old 05-27-2014, 07:04 PM

We can afford up to 1000 per month. Job is secured and off of 501. He doesn't mind a commute at all up to an hour is ideal.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:11 PM

Also I am looking for work. I have experience working in a cell phone store as a manager. And a small healthcare background. No certifications though. I'm open to anything. He's a mechanic so it was fairly easy for him. I just want to find something even if it's part time.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:18 PM

790 posts, read 1,630,613 times
Do you prefer to live in the country or in a subdivision? A willingness to travel up to an hour presents lots of options. The $1000 limit does put some limitations however.

If you have problematic credit, it may limit your options since most property managers do a credit check as part of the application process. If it's bad enough that you would be rejected by most apartment complexes, you're probably going to have to find an individual who is renting a property who is not as particular about credit checks.

Most schools in the MB area are pretty good. As you move out into the smaller/poorer towns, the quality is not as good.

When are you planning to move?

Old 06-02-2014, 10:17 AM

We are looking to move in the next month. Personal reasons are making us move faster than we anticipated.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:58 AM

14 posts, read 22,566 times
Good luck with the move/change. So happens we are also moving from Roanoke in 2 weeks. Lots of reasons but snow is just one of them.

With 3 small kids, I would think you need to be careful rather than impulsive though and it seems you are. Lots of references on here regarding a limited employment market. You experience should "travel well" though. Best of luck

Old 06-08-2014, 10:05 PM

22 posts, read 52,871 times
I heard Myrtle Beach schools are good but have no experience with them. Also your son would be in primary school down here, elementary school is ages 6-7
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: