Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 09:29 AM

638 posts, read 992,870 times

Advertisements

I was at myrtle beach this weekend and what a disgrace the streets were these bikers doing whatever they please .I was driving 31 and four bikers past me doing well over 100mph sacred the crap out of me . I was planning on moving to market common this year not going to happen the money is more important than the residents .I read a line from the news paper thats states we will have more cops next year they just don't get until they take cancel these types won't be moving there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 01:04 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,825,810 times
Well, that was refreshing. Most new residents wait until they move here before beginning to complain about our lifestyle. I wouldn't hold my breath for MB to change to suit you. Hope you find somewhere molded exactly to your wishes.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:03 PM

538 posts, read 1,007,390 times
So you're going to change your entire life, on a 3 day bike rally?

Old 05-27-2014, 02:06 PM

720 posts, read 1,708,909 times
It's only 3 days!!!

Old 05-27-2014, 09:03 PM

253 posts, read 470,225 times
Pawleys Dude! I've missed reading your posts - glad to see you back!

I have been reading these posts about biker week and I must say, my home state remains somewhat racist

People can be idiots, driving fast, shooting folks (I believe a white young man just shot up folks in California), drinking, doing drugs, etc., etc. But the way some folks on this forum see it, only blacks engage in these types of behaviors.

Not trying to start a political argument here, but people, c'mon. Myrtle Beach always has had what I would call "trashy" people, regardless of gender, color, sexual preference (), OR money. The rich can be as obnoxious as anybody else.

To the OP, hope you find just the right place for your sensibilities

Old 05-28-2014, 11:19 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,773,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
I was at myrtle beach this weekend and what a disgrace the streets were these bikers doing whatever they please .I was driving 31 and four bikers past me doing well over 100mph sacred the crap out of me . I was planning on moving to market common this year not going to happen the money is more important than the residents .I read a line from the news paper thats states we will have more cops next year they just don't get until they take cancel these types won't be moving there.
This is a tourist area, which I know you are aware of. Most of the year there are events and crowds and traffic. I dont like saying it over and over but I feel this is a high crime area, many do not. Like I've said before, its a matter of what you are used to. A lot of people want them to stop the bike wk events but then many want them to keep it. They produce revenue so not sure whats going to happen. There are places close to here that you can totally avoid all that. I live in Conway and unless I go out on 501, I dont see any of it. On the other hand, out on Conway I'm far from everything I'm interested in so everyone has to decide whats most important to them.

If you go further south end near Pawleys Island, its (IMO) nicer and you dont have to deal with as much of the craziness. Market Common is almost smack in the middle of stuff. Pros and cons to being close to it all.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Well, that was refreshing. Most new residents wait until they move here before beginning to complain about our lifestyle. I wouldn't hold my breath for MB to change to suit you. Hope you find somewhere molded exactly to your wishes.
Don't expect that and certainly not holding my breath. No place is perfect,but that behavior is totally unacceptable!

Old 05-28-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC here I come View Post
So you're going to change your entire life, on a 3 day bike rally?
No,not entire life.....just where we put down roots.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbycasa View Post
Pawleys Dude! I've missed reading your posts - glad to see you back!

I have been reading these posts about biker week and I must say, my home state remains somewhat racist

People can be idiots, driving fast, shooting folks (I believe a white young man just shot up folks in California), drinking, doing drugs, etc., etc. But the way some folks on this forum see it, only blacks engage in these types of behaviors.

Not trying to start a political argument here, but people, c'mon. Myrtle Beach always has had what I would call "trashy" people, regardless of gender, color, sexual preference (), OR money. The rich can be as obnoxious as anybody else.

To the OP, hope you find just the right place for your sensibilities
Yes,there are idiots and sick people of all walks of life and I wasn't implying that only blacks engaged in these types of behaviors that was going on over the weekend. They just happen to be the ones doing it this past weekend and the statistics comparing the white and black bike weeks speak for themselves. I personally think they should shut both of them down for many reasons. They are so not worth it.
Thank you......I will find just the right place for my sensibilities and lifestyle.

Old 05-29-2014, 06:28 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,022,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
I personally think they should shut both of them down for many reasons. They are so not worth it.
Thank you......I will find just the right place for my sensibilities and lifestyle.
Agree that both bike weeks should be shut down. There are plenty of nice developments in Murrells Inlet or Pawleys Island. They probably won't have the shopping amenities of Emmens Preserve but they will be quieter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area