Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 11:36 PM

16 posts, read 37,936 times

Advertisements

No big sob story here as I am loving the area and wouldn't trade my decision to pack it up and move here for the world. However, after relocating here the house I was buying fell through. Seems I need to rent for a year until I have next year's tax returns to show to the lender. Not a problem so far.

Problem is that I can't find anybody to rent to me because I have a very loving German hound dog (rottweiler for short). So I need something to do with my dog for a couple months at least until I can get a place and then sneak the dog in later. Does anybody have a home in the country or something that I can build a kennel and board my dog? I'll pay rent for some kennel space and help in tending to her.

Any help or ideas are greatly welcome.

Wil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 06:48 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,798,828 times
Please don't do that. There are enough dogs around here mistreated and neglected...not saying you are going to do either but it's too hot to leave this dog outside. The weather here is crazy sometimes and rains for days. Not sure how you moved and then it fell through but also dont want to judge, want to help. Where are you? Here already? Where and who have you contacted to find a rental that will allow your dog? I will try and help you but to be honest, it's mainly so you dont leave this dog in someone's backyard. Unless someone posts a solution, please message me and I will try and help the best I can.

Just a few quick ideas: Call Sit and Stay Awhile, they are a kennel and charge discount rates for long term stays. Or maybe can suggest something. Home Page

Google no kill shelters in the area. There are not many, you can ask if they will care for your dog at a discount rate.

Contact by using Google, breed specific rescues. So type in Rottweiler rescues SC and NC for example. Maybe they will take your dog into a foster care situation.

There are huge overpopulation problems here with pets and about to get worse. The Grand Strand Humane Society might be closing their doors if enough people do not contact local city council and fight to keep them open in the next two days. Well over 100 animals will go to animal control where over 97% are euthanized. Sorry to be depressing but thats how it is so finding someone that cares enough to do the right thing is hard. The other thing, people there are a lot of wild animals here. If you have a dog and leave it outside, you are putting it's life at great risk.

Please look into these ideas. I'm sorry things didnt work out the way you expected but please do not make your dog pay for it. Also, call Quicken Loans. They are excellent and maybe can help with the loan situation.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:52 AM

https://www.google.com/search?q=rott...iler+rescue+sc

https://www.google.com/search?q=rott...iler+rescue+nc

Old 05-23-2014, 07:12 AM

Thanks for the information Rapture. I can tell you are a very compassionate dog loving person. She has always been an outside dog and is used to temperatures and has had her dog house for the rain. Please don't think I would treat my family member that way. Never would have left her in a sunny spot and would certainly build her a shelter inside the kennel.

We are already here and staying in a motel. I've contacted every property management I can find and every rental on craigslist. No amount of money can even remedy the situation. So it's hard to make the next guess at what to do.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:35 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,683,310 times
I have a friend who rents properties near where your house was going to be. I don't know if she has anything available for you, but I sent her an email to ask about it. If she does, I'm fairly certain that she would allow you to have your dog. She rents another place to someone who also has a Rottie. My friend is a total animal lover. If she doesn't have something, I will have her ask around and see if she knows anyone else who might have an available place.

My dog trainer might be willing to keep your dog for you, but I think it might be kind of pricey. Let me know if you are interested in her contact information. She is the best dog trainer I have ever personally known.

Best of luck to you.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:43 AM

I am interested in ALL options so please send me any info you have even the trainer.

Wil

Old 05-23-2014, 08:51 AM

I'll DM you with her info.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieV View Post
Thanks for the information Rapture. I can tell you are a very compassionate dog loving person. She has always been an outside dog and is used to temperatures and has had her dog house for the rain. Please don't think I would treat my family member that way. Never would have left her in a sunny spot and would certainly build her a shelter inside the kennel.

We are already here and staying in a motel. I've contacted every property management I can find and every rental on craigslist. No amount of money can even remedy the situation. So it's hard to make the next guess at what to do.
Hopefully vrexy info will work, that would be great. If not, please try some options posted. If none of them work, let us know and will keep trying to help.

Here is a link with Conway rentals. I dont know exactly where you want to be but someone in Conway might be more open to a large dog since it's more rural. http://www.homes.com/rentals/conway-sc/

Old 05-23-2014, 11:49 AM

18 posts, read 52,926 times
If you're on Facebook look up some Rottie rescues and share your plight. I'm involved with several pit bull rescue groups on FB and it's amazing the help that can be located when you network online with rescues that all have a similar mission.....sharing helps, someone always seems to be connected somewhere.

Old 05-26-2014, 01:41 PM

So far no one I know has a place for rent. I asked several friends and I haven't heard back from one of the people, so that might be a possibility, but probably not. In the meantime, I just saw this article (will post below) and since they seem desperate for donations and support and are also animal lovers, I thought that maybe you could call them and explain your situation and that they might possibly care for your dog temporarily in exchange for a nice donation and the funds needed to feed and care for your pup while he is there. You have nothing to lose by contacting them!

Vist With The Animals of SC-CARES! | TheDigitel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area