Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2014, 06:08 AM

43 posts, read 81,603 times

Advertisements

We are looking to rent a 4 bedroom for a week somewhere. We have been to Myrtle in the past and did not like it at all because of crowds, rude people, smokers in the pool, congestion etc. Are there any resorts that are a bit quieter for families? We would prefer the place to have a large pool and good restaurants around it. We do not want to be anywhere that boardwalk, ferris wheel area. I came across the Barefoot Resort. Is that ok? I was told we might like North Myrtle better. Any suggestions? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 11:26 AM

13,375 posts, read 27,097,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoemakerinc View Post
I came across the Barefoot Resort. Is that ok?
A friend went there several years ago. She said that Barefoot was OK for her small child but there was construction going on, with dust and noise outside their room. However, the current street-views are lovely. One disadvantage is that it is not directly on the beach, but you can take a shuttle bus.

If you want a house with 4 bedrooms and are willing to cook for yourself, look across the border at North Carolina beaches: Sunset and Holden. There is none of the honky-tonk stuff the Myrtle Beach has.

Last edited by goldenage1; 05-08-2014 at 11:51 AM..

Old 05-08-2014, 12:18 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,720,235 times
You might try looking south toward Litchfield Resort. I don't know what all they have in terms of # bedrooms but there is a variety of options, its very family oriented and Murrells Inlet is only about 5 miles away and it has some of the best restaurants around.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:32 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,923,038 times
You can try Pawley's Island too. A lot quieter.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:24 AM

29 posts, read 109,267 times
Maybe a condo rental would work? My parents own in a complex that is about a 5 min drive from the beach (not sure if you want to be on the beach, though) and near Broadway at the Beach. A majority of the owners rent their units out to vacationers. It has outdoor pools and an indoor pool on the property. I think the max is 3 bedrooms though.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:24 PM

4 posts, read 8,323 times
I'm going to double the previous statement and say Litchfield, right beside Hunting Beach State Park, lovely area. I always went there in summers to avoid parking payments and the crowd lol

Old 05-30-2014, 10:16 PM

815 posts, read 3,002,084 times
My extended family and I stayed at Plantation Resort in Surfside Beach. It's nice and family friendly, condo style, indoor and outdoor pools. Not on the beach, but they run shuttles to the beach there in Surfside Beach. We liked it. (warning: they sell timeshares, something you probably don't want)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area