Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2014, 11:12 AM

13,375 posts, read 27,093,111 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen the DR Horton community called Oceanwalk? It is in Surfside Beach just south of Myrtle Beach State Park at Coral Beach Circle. I was interested because it is one of a few communities with an indoor pool. Is it family-oriented or would a retiree be comfortable there?

I was turned off by the aerial view showing thousands of camping trailers along Business 17. Is it really that junky looking today? Are there any grocery stores nearby for year-round residents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Has anyone seen the DR Horton community called Oceanwalk? It is in Surfside Beach just south of Myrtle Beach State Park at Coral Beach Circle. I was interested because it is one of a few communities with an indoor pool.
I did a virtual drive-by with Google streetview, and I realized the place used to be called Bermuda Gardens. It was going to be a luxury community, and they built a nice indoor and outdoor pool complex with a lazy river.

I suspect the original developer failed, and DR Horton took over with lower-priced production homes. I'd consider it a possibility for either a small family or a retiree.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:45 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,894,785 times
I previewed a home in Ocean Walk for someone. It was my first time in there and I (personally) liked it. There is a grocery store, Food Lion, just a hop, skip and a jump down the road. There is also a Piggly Wiggly in Market Commons (which you are very close to there). I can't say for sure if the campers are visible from Ocean Walk (I don't recall seeing them). I am in Prestwick just behind them and I don't see them in here from where I am.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
I am in Prestwick just behind them and I don't see them in here from where I am.
Thanks. Prestwick is a nice community also. I could drive to the Canal Street Recreation Center for indoor swimming during the winter months. It is just easier to swim when the pool is in the community.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:28 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,894,785 times
Absolutely! It would be awesome to have that! Just so you know, the pool at Prestwick is NOT included in the HOA. Golf, tennis and the pool are a separate membership (although you can get pool without golf). So we don't even really have an outdoor pool without paying more for it. The amenities at Ocean Walk are rare for a single family home community. Definitely worth checking out in my opinion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area