Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 04:20 PM

194 posts, read 431,083 times

Advertisements

I booked a romantic weekend with the hubby the weekend of the 16th…where is the best place to stay to avoid a lot of the activities? PLease note I have NO issues with bikers I just don't want to hear bikes the whole time. I have a reservation at THe Breakers and The Marriot on Ocean Drive in Myrtle Beach right now. Thanks for your help!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 09:19 PM

285 posts, read 639,211 times
You may want to consider staying farther south, like around Litchfield or Pawley's Island. More romantic there as well, and if you want to drive into Myrtle for activities it's only 20-30 minutes away.

That said, the Grande Dunes Marriot is awesome and is in a good residential area so it should be fairly quiet as most of the bikers would ride along hwy 17 rather than Ocean Drive in that section. I think the Breakers would be more noisy though.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:48 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,505,049 times
Tip: the more expensive the room, the more relaxing of a vacation you'll have. I used to work in the resort industry in Myrtle Beach and Bike Week was not a pleasure. Too much traffic and noise.

Honestly I would try and go another weekend (not the following one because a younger Bike Week crowd comes in) or take a look at where I live, Charleston, SC. It's been voted one of the top romantic places to travel to and it's about 2ish hours south of MB.

If you are set on Myrtle Beach, look into the North Myrtle Beach hotels.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:50 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,505,049 times
Oh and if you have a choice to stay at the Marriott, it's absolutely gorgeous. I stayed a weekend there myself just because it looked so beautiful and it didn't let me down.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:02 AM

194 posts, read 431,083 times
Thanks for your help. My parents live in Wilmington so we are dropping off the kiddo for the weekend which is why we are going to Myrtle. I LOVE Charleston and that would be my 1st choice but to much driving for a day and half. We are coming from Charlotte.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:53 AM

935 posts, read 1,649,412 times
You are in the heart. You will not only hear the bikes at the Breakers, you will FEEL the bikes.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:53 PM

730 posts, read 1,314,387 times
Have you considered Southport NC? If not, check out the Robert Ruark Inn! We've stayed there and loved it. Also, Southport is a lovely, quiet little town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area