Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 10:04 AM

14 posts, read 19,099 times

Advertisements

We might have an opportunity to move to the MB area later this year (we're currently in Utah). In this forum I've read a lot of recommendations of different developments and neighborhoods, but the names mean nothing to me since I'm not familiar with the area. We are by no means ready to start talking with a realtor, but I'd love to have access to a website that has all the MLS listings up to date. The only "nationwide" website is realtor.com and my experience with them is that their listings are not current.

It's also hard to know, when looking at a listing, which development it's in. Are there websites just for the developments?

Any help with this would be appreciated! Maybe a list of development names so I can google and find their websites? Or an MLS website specifically for South Carolina? (here in utah we have utahrealestate.com and it's current, up to date for the whole state, so I'm looking for something similar).

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 11:31 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,790,289 times
You can use Realtor.com but none will be as up to date as using a Realtor who pays for and has access to the MLS. Zillow has a lot of misinformation, mostly prices are way off. Yes there are some sites for developments and good to look and see floor plans, lot sizes etc...but still better to use a Realtor (buyers agent) for that also. They can get more info. and ask questions you may not think of.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:27 PM

253 posts, read 470,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolita3 View Post
...I'd love to have access to a website that has all the MLS listings up to date. The only "nationwide" website is realtor.com and my experience with them is that their listings are not current.
Just sent you a private message with 2 links I use.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:29 PM

285 posts, read 640,462 times
I'll PM you my favorite MLS site, gives all the cities and subdivisions in the Myrtle area.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:59 AM

31 posts, read 65,458 times
To the posters offering the the MLS site & realtors link would you mind sharing with me too! We are actively searching from the NY area, posted just below this re: pawleys vs. murrells.

Thanks!!

Old 04-12-2014, 07:05 AM

Be happy to provide the ones I use. NOTE: I am not a realtor nor am I associated with any realtor. These are sites I stumbled upon in my copious google searches! Hope they are helpful.

Carolina Forest Real Estate - Carolina Forest Homes

For the one below, it lists everything but on the left you can screen for what you want:

Myrtle Beach Real Estate On Coldwell Banker Chicora

Old 04-12-2014, 07:09 AM

31 posts, read 65,458 times
Thanks shabbycasa!! Appreciate the help!!

Not easy finding the right community from so far away! Happy to have stumbled onto this forum.

Thanks again!

Old 04-12-2014, 11:36 AM

14 posts, read 19,099 times
what's nice is on the Coldwell Banker site shabbycasa posted it lists development/neighborhood names! So now when I'm researching and someone says to look in a certain neighborhood, this site can show me where exactly that neighborhood is.

thanks shabbycasa and leetchy2!

Old 04-12-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolita3 View Post
thanks shabbycasa and leetchy2!

That's what we're here for!

Old 04-13-2014, 10:38 AM

285 posts, read 640,462 times
I guess it's OK to provide these links if we're not Realtors, so here's my favorite MLS search site. It shows all the cities and subdivisions.

Search the Myrtle Beach MLS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: