Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 08:43 AM

55 posts, read 96,845 times

Advertisements

Want to buy a used truck for hauling trash to the dump. We are mother and daughter, senior citizen and middle age. Can you tell me a good place to look, where we won't be taken advantage of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 08:52 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,227,406 times
Used car salesmen and honest is like oil and vinegar.. Seriously though, maybe be a bit more specific of your general area and someone can help you out, or suggest a decent place..

Another help is doing some research online about places in your area, and reviews..etc.. It's harder now for
used car salesmen to ********* over with the net and sites that offer the history of used car via the
vin number.. Like carfax..

good luck

Old 02-02-2014, 02:21 PM

thank you, we live in Little River, and carfax is a great suggestion!

Old 02-02-2014, 10:22 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizamy View Post
Want to buy a used truck for hauling trash to the dump. We are mother and daughter, senior citizen and middle age. Can you tell me a good place to look, where we won't be taken advantage of?
Unfortunately, the car business is so difficult, just go to any major car dealership or but directly from an owner.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:51 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,893,515 times
Yes, stop by Hyatt Buick GMC in Myrtle Beach and ask for Bill (off on Tuesdays this month). Tell him Neecie sent you!

Quote:

Old 02-04-2014, 09:37 PM

22 posts, read 45,553 times
Quote:
I was in the car business for many years.. You can use several online sites to check on a fair number to purchase. NADA.com will help you to find a starting point. I found these prices high, being it's an average. It will tell you trade, retail, If you use the trade price as your retail purchase price you should be ok. I am thinking you want something older, miles to just use for hauling. Find your truck via dealership or craigslist etc.. Check your price keeping in mind condition, miles, year,. Carfax is another good source to check for accidents.

Not all car salespersons are crooks. Take your time to look up the information when you find something. Don't be afraid to offer less. If they can do it, they will. A sale is a sale!

Good luck!

Old 02-05-2014, 01:12 PM

Thank you all for some great suggestions! I will take all your advice, and learn from you!

Old 04-08-2014, 11:08 AM

4 posts, read 5,914 times
Quote:
I bought my car few months ago at a small local dealership in Calabash, its called Progressive Auto and it's right next to SC stateline, very close to where you live. They do repair work on the cars and sell both clean and branded titles. I got my 2008 Honda Fit with 80k miles for $6300 only, and yes it has a salvage title but they showed me the pics prior to the repairs, there was a dent on the rear bumper and thats it, cosmetic work needed only. NC dealers also required to pass the safety inspection for each car they sell and another inspection for branded titles when dmv makes sure that all the vin numbers are matching and the odometer reading is actual. That made me feel much safer, plus they offer 90 day warranty whenever you buy a car for the full asking price. I don't have one since we negotiated on the price but I am so happy with my purchase that I don't need a warranty. I keep sending all my friends that need a car there. Def worth seeing if you didn't buy one yet

Old 04-09-2014, 08:12 AM

4 posts, read 7,223 times
I trust Paul Morris at Beach Ford Myrtle Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area