Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2014, 07:23 AM

253 posts, read 470,317 times

Advertisements

Here in Texas we got a nice dusting of snow with the last blast of cold air. Austin south got some last night.

Is it true that the coast is getting some today? If so, stay safe!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 08:57 AM

1,124 posts, read 1,716,567 times
So "they" say...up to 3" according to the weather report this morning. If the ice precedes, as suspected, it may be an interesting few days here. On the side of caution schools are closed as are many businesses and gov't offices- the powers that be are taking this very seriously! There will be some very sheepish faces if this blows past and leaves nothing behind. ,)

Old 01-28-2014, 04:03 PM

Well ice can be tricky so "ya'll" be careful out there! Temp of 25 tonight here in Central Texas...brrrrrrrrrr!!!

Old 01-29-2014, 12:47 PM

1,124 posts, read 1,716,567 times
Just got back from an outing, shabby and there is no snow on the beach....some icy crunchy stuff but not a big layer or anything. Roads here are in surprisingly good shape.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:23 PM

busydesk...well too bad you didn't get a little snow - ice, though, is not good as you know!

Seems like Atlanta really got hit. Keep enjoying the beautiful ocean -- I'm counting down the days!

Old 01-29-2014, 02:56 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,307,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
Just got back from an outing, shabby and there is no snow on the beach....some icy crunchy stuff but not a big layer or anything. Roads here are in surprisingly good shape.
Glad to hear that, I've been think about y'all today. Not that we aren't buried under inches of snow with sub-zero temps lately, but it's a whole lot different when it is the norm and you are prepared for what winter can dish out.

I wonder if your local TV news is making a mountain out of a molehill, so to speak, regarding this storm. Here is a headline I just ran across earlier today:

Accidents increasing as motorists drive on treacherous roadways - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

I sure hope they are exaggerating to make a more interesting story and that things are in decent shape down there. Everyone be careful, stay safe, and stay warm!

Old 02-26-2014, 10:24 PM

328 posts, read 434,442 times
Since we are finally getting to move to Myrtle Beach, the last 3 months or so I have Myrtle Beach weather on speed dial () and watching it everyday.
When I looked at pictures of Ocean Blvd covered in snow I spit out and ice cube all over the screen.
After a long winter here with lots of snow, rain, ice and below normal temps I hope this does not start to happen every year. Dang snow is following me!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area