Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 08:44 AM

2 posts, read 2,151 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband and I are looking to relocate to the myrtle beach/ conway area and were wanting any info on good apartments to rent for a fair price. we are also wanting to know of any good jobs available. we are wanting to move in about 6 months so we are getting all our ducks in a row now. any help or info is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 09:38 AM

538 posts, read 1,010,914 times
Start with the first duck.....find a job. Once you accomplish that, you can find out what your budget is for the apt.
Any kids??

Old 06-05-2013, 09:42 AM

2 posts, read 2,151 times
yes we have 2 kids and that is our first priority. we are looking into everything and are just wanting all information possible since this will be a big move for us. any info on jobs is appreciated as well as apartments.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:42 PM

790 posts, read 1,630,613 times
A "fair price" for apartments is all in the eyes of the beholder...or in this case it depends on what your budget is. I suggest you start with hotpads.com and/or apartments.com and then check out the ratings of the ones that interest you on apartmentratings.com. Once you narrow it down, then folks on this board can provide insight into what we know (if anything) about the complex.

As far as jobs go, you've given no parameters about what kind of jobs you're looking for other than "good" jobs. There are always jobs at McDonalds but I doubt that this is the type of job you're looking for. Even with more specifics, it's doubtful that many on this board are going to be able to provide more than just general information about whatever field you're interested in. High paying jobs are in short supply everywhere...including MB.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:47 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,337,953 times
And I don't know too many people who are lucky enough to find out about good jobs, as in, jobs that pay a living wage and you can support a family on, that would reveal them to a stranger on an internet forum. Not that they wouldn't wish you every good thing, but most people have family or friends, or yes, themselves, who are looking for stable employment that they would tell first, especially in this current economy.

I've never lived in MB, but we are there 2-3 times a year and own a condo there, so I have been reading this forum for at least the past few years, and I have by now ascertained that really good jobs in MB are few and far between. Part-time, low paying, seasonal jobs? Sure, just like in any other tourist town. But since tourism is MB's main industry, jobs like restaurant workers and hotel staff seem to rule. Not saying that you absolutely couldn't find something in your field, especially if it is a specialized field or in healthcare, but based on what I have read here and elsewhere, most of the available jobs are tourism-related.

Good luck to you, though, and I hope that you can realize your dream of living in MB.

Last edited by canudigit; 06-06-2013 at 03:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area