Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 06:26 PM

2 posts, read 18,005 times

Advertisements

We currently live in Florida but are considering MB. Taxes here have gotten out of control. My big concern is the Myrtle Beach winters. I hate the cold, snow and ice, which are the reasons I moved from NJ to FL. Can anyone tell me, honestly, what the winters are like in Myrtle Beach?.

Mary Ann
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2006, 08:59 PM

548 posts, read 1,980,959 times
snow cold and ice??? Very rare in Myrtle Beach and when it happens it's gone almost as soon as it appears. Winters if you are originally from NJ are very mild compared to there. Compared to Florida? Well a little colder but relax, they don't last long. Jan and Feb are the coldest months but IMHO not unbearable. Come March you are starting into Spring and some days may even be shorts weather. I live in the upstate of SC and in all honesty winters last on average 2 months. here. It's usually either the same temperature or warmer in Myrtle Beach.

Last edited by janrey; 04-16-2006 at 09:12 PM..

Old 04-28-2006, 12:09 AM

2 posts, read 30,145 times
Every other year or so it may snow but it doesn't often stick.
seriously it will not be an issue for you!

Old 05-05-2006, 02:31 PM

1 posts, read 14,847 times
Default weather in MB

I recently moved to myrtle beach (Early January) I think since then there has benn 3-4 days in the 30's most days are in the upper 40's lower 50's during the winter My friends tell me they went too the beach threw november and will return in april (swimming in early May) Evenings it got cool,30's then warms up during the evening.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:43 PM

34 posts, read 109,949 times
Having spent my first full winter here, I can say that while it's not overly cold, it is gray and dreary.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:33 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,550,081 times
Here is our story: We are from NJ. Our plan was to sell our home in Brick NJ (which we ended up doing to our son and DIL) and retire to the Myrtle Beach area of SC. My thought was "SC is similar to Florida but closer (to NJ) and cheaper." We purchased a new-construction townhouse in Murrells Inlet and moved in a couple weeks after I retired in July 2009. We stayed in Murrells Inlet into the fall and the weather was beautiful. We stayed in NJ until after New Years and returned to SC in January 2010. Well that January was COLD in SC. The trees were bare. The grass was brown. The fresh water area were all covered in ice. I told my wife "This won't work for the winter!" We took a drive from SC to SW Florida and ended up purchasing a condo in Naples. That is where we winter.

While the winters in SC since have been a little milder since 2009/2010 and snow always rare (I have only seen a coating in pictures), January and February is winter in SC. A much shorter winter than NJ, but too cold on average for me.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:17 AM

32 posts, read 68,675 times
I've lived here forever and once in a blue moon we get snow (and then everyone panics and shuts down) and we rarely get very very cold. It gets chilly at night but nothing unbearable. We don't have much seasons over here.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:44 PM

178 posts, read 329,596 times
Winter is the beast time of the year. A nice chill in the air, sun is always shining and you have the beach to yourself.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:03 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,550,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilibeany View Post
Winter is the beast time of the year. A nice chill in the air, sun is always shining and you have the beach to yourself.
I agree. It is the "beast" time of the year. Not so in South Florida.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:48 AM

178 posts, read 329,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I agree. It is the "beast" time of the year. Not so in South Florida.
baaaahahaa!! Didn't catch that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area