Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 03:37 PM

24 posts, read 36,218 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a place to get a good deal on decent mattresses? Also, any recommendations for thrift stores, consignment shops, etc. for furniture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 08:15 PM

178 posts, read 329,979 times
There's a place with alot of neat stuff in Garden City but I don't remember the name of it. They used to be on the corner of Business and 10th Ave. S across from the waterpark. Going south on 17, pass Kroeger on the left and it's a few blocks down, on the left, right before the light at the Inlet Square Drive. It was a used bookstore before that. They always have a bunch of stuff out front.

There's another place that's a bit farther south right before Waccamaw hospital, on the right, it's called New to You 2. I think there's 2 places right next to each other, a red and a green building. There's also the Habitat store, it's on 707 close to where it meets 544. There's also another place in Pawleys, before the hammock shop on the right, it's a one story white building. No idea about the name, but they have some high-end stuff. hth!

Old 03-02-2013, 10:20 AM

Thanks. Will definitely check them out.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:13 AM

215 posts, read 546,184 times
Try Ollies at Carolina Forest. They are in the shopping center across from the Kroger. I bought a queen size mattress and box springs there for my daughter and got a good deal.

Sam's Wholesale is another good place.

There are a whole bunch of mattress stores working out of warehouses and corners around the beach. They are a bunch of shysters from what I've experienced. Stay away from the fly by nighters. Then you won't get burned.

My 2¢

Old 03-03-2013, 02:36 PM

178 posts, read 329,979 times
One other consignment place for furniture. Can't remember name though. About 3 blocks north from corner of business and Surfside Drive, on the right as you're going north. Doesn't look like much from the outside but she's added space from the vacant store next door and made an entire room of furniture and assorted stuff. In plaza before the Golden Egg

Old 03-03-2013, 05:41 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,697,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL13 View Post
Can anyone recommend a place to get a good deal on decent mattresses? Also, any recommendations for thrift stores, consignment shops, etc. for furniture?

My favorite consignment stores are;

Pawleys Island :**New To You**.......Wonderful shop on 17 next door to golf shop in strip mall
My very favorite is **Take 2 Resale** 1115 Ocean Hwy 17 Pawleys...Fantastic furniture. New sets right from model homes, awesome things. The newest in furniture and home items, also good paintings.

Another for home items is two stores in Murrells Inlet by the produce stand. Inlet Queens Route 17...

For some nice furniture and dining sets....other things too....Twice as Nice in Socastee Dick Pond Rd. Just over swing bridge.

5th avenue Consignment is on 17 business in Surfside Beach and has some very nice items. Sometimes good furniture also.

Retail furniture:

My favorite furniture shop for this area is Home Accents 11 which caters to ( IMHO) beautiful shore type furniture and other traditional furniture. Nice accent pieces. Great storeon 17 in Surfside Beach.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:52 AM

Correction...The name of the Pawleys Store is " Good Times" next to the Golf store.

Take 2 Resale ( my favorite) is open every day but Sunday. Worth a trip to see all they have there. Awesome things.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:17 PM

52 posts, read 103,652 times
My favorite consignment shop is Twice As Nice on Dick Pond Rd. Found a dining room rug and pub table set there, both for a very good price! I also like Nicole's on 17 Bypass in Murrells Inlet, and have found some good bargains at Good Times as well. Really loving all the consignment shops down here!

Old 03-08-2013, 08:57 AM

I bought a nice rattan chair from Twice as Nice. I also got a fantastic Chess Set that came with paperwork and smashingly lovely pieces.
Sometimes the stores are hit or miss, you have to go a few times.
Good Times and Inlet Queens have also given me some unique pieces.
Nicoles is also a wonderful place I forgot to mention.

Mattresses I can't give advice on. I have bought two new king sets and have returned one. We are still not liking the second one either. So, best if I don't answer that one. lol

Old 03-12-2013, 05:52 AM

Thank you everyone! We'll be heading down for spring break in a few weeks. I can't wait to browse through all of these places to see what we can find. Hubby will be heading down this weekend to find mattresses. Will let you all know how we make out with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area