Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,137 times

Advertisements

My parents want to move to North Myrtle Beach soon and I'm scared! I know nothing about the school I'm going to. Will the kids there like me? I was popular at my old school but I might be different there. My parents said it was nothing to worry about. HELP!

-Sydney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 02:32 PM

1,126 posts, read 1,721,737 times
You aren;t moving from far away, so it'll be just fine. Being popular isn't the most important thing....!

Old 11-27-2012, 05:39 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,678,209 times
Default Don't be scared!

Sydney, you might get more responses if you post this in a different forum than this one, which is geared more towards a geographical area and not so much about personal relationships, etc.

Maybe post here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/non-r...relationships/ It is more about life questions and relationships that are not romantic, but just general topics about how to get along with people and fit in with different situations such as what you are facing. There may be other forums that would be appropriate for you, but this can maybe get you some feedback about your concerns.

If you are "popular" now, my advice is to just be yourself! Go into your new situation with an open mind and you will most likely find a group of friends that you will enjoy and have fun with. Seek out others who share your interests. Get involved with your new school and take this as an opportunity to expand who you are, while remaining true to yourself.

I can understand how you must feel. It is scary to move, no matter what your age, but especially when you are young and want to fit in with a new crowd.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:24 AM

59,324 posts, read 27,487,371 times
Don't worry about what you can't control.

Just be yourself and look at it as a new adventure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area