Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 09:00 AM

178 posts, read 330,395 times

Advertisements

I'm a local and want to make a few suggestions for eating out for the tourists. I can't believe it's taken me so long to discover this gem, but the Village Cafe on Surfside Drive, right down from the corner of Bus 17 is fantastic! They make the best biscuits I've ever had down here. Also, check out the ORIGINAL Valentinos, a few blocks north of Surfside Drive. You want real Italian food, go there. DO NOT, I repeat, do NOT mistake that place for Valentinos 2, which is a few blocks south of that same intersection. Like Ray Liotta/Henry Hill said in Goodfellas, it's like noodles with ketchup. Icky food and so-so service. Don't waste your time or money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 11:16 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,354,189 times
From a hopeful future local, thanks for the dining tips.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:41 PM

312 posts, read 734,449 times
Also for good Italian food try Ciao and Villa Romano both in Myrtle Beach....

For best seafood, we like Bonefish Grill which is a chain but very very good...we are not big fried fish people!

Old 06-25-2012, 10:53 PM

130 posts, read 184,880 times
I haven't been to Myrtle in awhile but one of my favorites used to be Dino's Pizza, hopefully its still there on my next trip down.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:11 AM

142 posts, read 364,304 times
As a Local, business owner and member of the MB Chamber of Commerce and having 1st moved here in 79 I have seen a lot of restaurants come and go, presently there are about 1900 places to eat along the Grand Strand, which makes for one heck of a list.

I agree with both of Chili's suggestions and with Villa Romano from Grey.

There are so many good places to eat, from inexpensive to expensive and here's just a few examples:

Magoo's, they have won the best wings on the beach many times over the years and have 25 cent wings during happy hour and all day Sunday and after 4 Mondays, the panini's are getting a heck of a rep also. Fat Jacks in Surfside is also very good for wings.

Greg's Cabana, a real good burger and they use a bun from the Boston area which is lightly grilled, it is one of the best burgers you will have, here's a review from Becky of MB Restaurant News http://gregscabanabarandgrill.com/Mi...egs_review.pdf

Bimini's Oyster Bar MB, one of the best places to eat seafood in the area and prices that won;t break you.

Inlet Crab House in the Inlet, little place with a Locals table in the back, this is good seafood without the views and high prices, the best she crab soup in my opinion around the area.

WaterScapes at the Marina Inn, (Ruth's Chris is next door with double or more pricing) having a special dinner or just a night out, this is the place, read my review here Waterscapes at the Marina Inn Pictures of some plates here IMG_20111116_182433 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Southside Patty's on the Connector in Garden City, this is a Locals hangout serving the best corned beef and cabbage for only $7 or so, it is not always available as they only make once or twice a week, the rubeun is amazing and inexpensive, for some folks it is 2 meals. I have never been disappointed eating here and the prices are good.

Gary

Old 06-26-2012, 02:55 PM

17 posts, read 40,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary2beach View Post
As a Local, business owner and member of the MB Chamber of Commerce and having 1st moved here in 79 I have seen a lot of restaurants come and go, presently there are about 1900 places to eat along the Grand Strand, which makes for one heck of a list.

I agree with both of Chili's suggestions and with Villa Romano from Grey.

There are so many good places to eat, from inexpensive to expensive and here's just a few examples:

Magoo's, they have won the best wings on the beach many times over the years and have 25 cent wings during happy hour and all day Sunday and after 4 Mondays, the panini's are getting a heck of a rep also. Fat Jacks in Surfside is also very good for wings.

Greg's Cabana, a real good burger and they use a bun from the Boston area which is lightly grilled, it is one of the best burgers you will have, here's a review from Becky of MB Restaurant News http://gregscabanabarandgrill.com/Mi...egs_review.pdf

Bimini's Oyster Bar MB, one of the best places to eat seafood in the area and prices that won;t break you.

Inlet Crab House in the Inlet, little place with a Locals table in the back, this is good seafood without the views and high prices, the best she crab soup in my opinion around the area.

WaterScapes at the Marina Inn, (Ruth's Chris is next door with double or more pricing) having a special dinner or just a night out, this is the place, read my review here Waterscapes at the Marina Inn Pictures of some plates here IMG_20111116_182433 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Southside Patty's on the Connector in Garden City, this is a Locals hangout serving the best corned beef and cabbage for only $7 or so, it is not always available as they only make once or twice a week, the rubeun is amazing and inexpensive, for some folks it is 2 meals. I have never been disappointed eating here and the prices are good.

Gary
Wow, what a list of places.
Rep to you for sharing your great information.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:22 AM

178 posts, read 330,395 times
Default one more to add

Totally forgot about this one in my first post - Gulfstream Cafe. All the way down Waccamaw past G City Pier. Only been there a few times but the food is amazing! Their hushpuppies are to-die-for! Had to go for an early dinner and caught the "early bird" pricing and it was extremely reasonable. It's always nice to avoid the touristy places on restaurant row and find the places the locals frequent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area